𝟐𝟔. 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧

Aarush

Its been a while since we're out of police station and we were settled in our car. She seated on passenger seat, looking at the threshold of the police station utterly.

"Yuvaani" I called out.

And she slowly turned towards me. Her eyes- her eyes still had that lump of sadness, and a tint of redness in it. But I can't tell her that it's okay when its not. Even if I was at her position I would too, this devastated and lost.

"Should we open a new bank account for you, hm?" I asked keeping my voice low as the silence between us was screaming.

"I- I don't know-" she hesitated.

This feeling which she's going through is unbearable, I know. But we can't just put a full stop at her bank right?

"I was thinking to open your account in same as mine. Because, I know few people who can speed up that work. But yeah, only if you wish to" I suggested keeping my palm over hers. She didn't removed it either. She just looked deep in my eyes while putting her head against the seat.

God Damn!

Those eyes held much more pain than her lips would ever tryna express!

Slowly I felt warmth over my palm which I kept over hers. She sandwhiched my palm between hers and muttered "Thank you. I never thought you would help me in comforting and-"

"I know, I wasn't good to you. But I can improve-" I interrupted her.

"You were good to me, Aarush. The circumstances were inevitable. You never disrespected me. You never hit me"

"You thought I would hit and disrespect you?" I asked patiently waiting to know what did she always thought about me.

"I don't mean that. I just told you, you were good to me as far as a good friend is considered"

"Hmm" I just hummed. I know I was a jerk and I don't owe a justification to her. I feel, what I was going through are my share of sentiments and I can't hurt anyone because I was drown to that misery.

"Where are you lost?" I heard her say and in response I just shook my head.

"I think you are right, we should open a bank account" she voiced out and I reversed the car in order to get to her bank.

A few minutes later she asked "Where are we going?"

"To your bank"

"But we are supposed to open it in you bank?"

"We aren't supposed to. Whichever you'll choose. But, you haven't mentioned my bank so I'm taking us to your bank."

"No, your bank is a better choice"

"Okay" I took a turn and set our way to my bank.

Soon, we got done with the details and my account had been made. They said her debit card would arrive a few days later. And we winded up the procedure and headed towards home.

Ringing the bell, we stood there waiting for someone to open and dad opened the door shortly. It was already four in the evening and I guess I have to do overtime today! I swiftly drank the water and called PA of our HOD.

I insisted him to allow me work from home for today, but I guess the stars aren't in my favour. I have to go to the office and do overtime. I kissed my babies and bid them bye shortly. I asked Yuvaani to take care and told my parents to call me whenever its needed.

Sometimes I really wish to have my own start-up instead of working for someone else. One doesn't have the independency to work according to their hours. I sighed.

Somewhere or the other, I felt bad for not being available to her when she needed me. Or can say, I havn't paid enough attention to see through her when she needed me. I was't this selfish- I always thought of the people around me, before me.

I reached office, and the work pilled up even more! I began doing it knowing it would cost me high time now.

It was almost nine thirty and I finished my work and headed toward the exit, but a boy working under me called me out asking me to sign the papers before I leave. I carefully read the papers and then signed them, finally leaving for home.

I was about to ring the bell but mom opened the door for me, and she let me in.

"Should I serve the dinner?"

"You and dad ate?"

"Yeah, but Vaani didn't"

"Okay," I said and moved towards my room to change.

I saw the babies peacefully sleeping in their cribs and Vaani sitting next to their cribs, on the floor and she slept. I carefully picked her up and placed on bed, covering her with duvet. I quickly made my way towards the washroom and spruced myself up, changing into my night clothes.

I took a glance of three innocent souls silently sleeping and made my way towards the living room. I saw mom had served me the dinner, but I had no heart to have it. I quickly sealed that plate with another plate and kept in refrigerator, checking all the doors were locked or not before entering my room.

I was welcomed by a fresh jasmine scent which I failed to observe earlier. My room never had this scent. Internally, I knew it was her. I kissed Pihu and Priyansh and stood by their side a little. Their birthday was upcoming next week, and I want to make it special for them. I covered them with their baby comforter and made my way towards my bed.

How innocent she is. I wished what had happened today shouldn't had happened with her.

"I'm sorry for everything, Vaani" I muttered and tucked her hair behind her ears which were dancing on her face.

I took my pillow and another duvet from the cupboard and made my way towards the sofa of our room.