𝟐𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Yuvaani

Something flashy was exposed in front of me. I can experience it, with my eyes closed. I groaned and pulled the comforter over my head, turning to the opposite side.

What a lazy ass morning!

What? Morning? My eyes flared open out wide as I realized my thoughts! I peeked a little through the comforter, pulling it till my eye level, and my eyebrows scrunched involuntarily. The surrounding didn't feel familiar, but still felt much more familiar. I squinted my eyes, and looked around in daze, not wanting to accept where I am currently.

What am I sleeping in this room?

Have I lost my mind?

Let's get out fast, before he could know!

I pushed the comforter off me and I heard "You're up?"

"I-I- I'm sorry- I don't know what lead me here I-"

"Shh" He shushed me making himself comfortable beside me.

"Panicking early in the morning, huh?" I felt a glint of tease in his tone.

"I don't know-"

"Shant baba! I'm just messing with you a bit. Kal raat tum yahi so gayi thi, beside cribs so I made you comfortable here" he uttered as it was the most casual thing for him to say.

"I-I'm sorry" I apologized looking down at my laps.

"What for?" he asked.

"For staying here, and not going to bed on time. For sleeping in this room" I stated my reasons for looking at my lap, as it's the most interesting thing in this room.

He left out a small sigh and added "There's nothing to be sorry about. And about you sleeping here, you shouldn't be sorry about that. In Fact, you should sleep here. Not in that room"

"What?" my head snapped at him.

"Yeah" he said a bit nervously.

Am I making him nervous?

"If you're saying this because you're empathetic of whatever happened yesterday- I'm not that dumb to harm myself, Aarush. That too just because I lost money"

"It's not because I'm empathetic, Yuvaani. And I know you're a strong woman who wouldn't take such drastic steps because of a small thing. I know, it is just money. It's just a thing. You've already proved yourself that you're capable enough to earn money. I'm saying this because I was a jerk to you before. I haven't considered your feelings. I almost forgot that you too are a human like me. I'm sorry. But, now that I've realized, I just wanted to rectify my mistakes. Will you move in here with me?"

And I could bet this was my best morning after marriage so far. It felt like I'm not gonna see this day so soon but- God showed this day to me. My eyes felt watery as I knew how his words affected me, in a good way.

"What if you regret it later?"

"I didn't regret last night when you were here," he said.

It felt like he's pronouncing his words with so much care, that it would hurt a delicate baby! I really am having a hard time believing it, that it was all for me.

"Will you?" he asked again.

In reply I just matched my gaze with him, and stared into his naturally deep coffee brown eyes. They held a meaning, something deep, something pure which I haven't seen in any pair of eyes I look into. His gaze just kind of questioning me, mirroring his words.