𝟏𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐤𝐞

Yuvaani

Morning rays peeked the window lane and set upon my eyes, informing me it was time to wake up. I lazily got up and took fresh air from the balcony.

This morning breeze..

Getting up early gives me a sense of leadership and encouragement to get my things done in time, so it's the main reason I like to get up early.

I swiftly moved to his room and saw kids sleeping. I quickly did my morning chores and got to the vanity table. Today I decided to wear a slit knee length multicolour kurti pairing it with jeans. I also put the silver jhumka to compliment my look. I've noticed a few good changes in me. First, I'm learning to maintain my weight, which gives me a bit of confidence and second, to control my emotions.

I wasn't used to being this heavy- it's not that I'm 'fat' I am considered in the medium body shape category itself. It's just that I'm feeling heavy and lazy due to those post implantation changes. Doing my hair I felt a piercing gaze on my back. I glanced at it from the mirror only to know it was him.

He gave me a soft smile to which I returned him back. He went to the restroom to do his morning routine and I went to the kitchen to prepare tea for everyone. I don't know why, but I'm feeling better today. A new vibe, a new energy. And I absolutely love it.

It was seven thirty five now, I made tea and served the family. Aarush is yet to come out so, I'll give him tea later.

I felt a tug on my kurta!

I looked down, learning it was my little man Vihaan.

"Mami, suno na" he said sleepishly, rubbing his eyes.

"Bolo, baby" I encouraged him to say while making him sit on the kitchen island. And chopping the tomatoes for Aarush's tiffin.

"Kal mera birthday hai na, so aap mujhe kya doge?" He pouted. Cutee! I know, as a kid there's a kind of thrill and excitement of their birthday that decreases down the age.

"What does my Vihaan want?" I asked him in a baby voice. I literally want to give him something that he won't forget when he goes back to the US. It almost slipped my mind that I have to give him one! I mentally noted that I'll go shopping today for him.

"Anything I like.. like- you can gift me Iron man, Spider man, Batman, Thor-"

"Arre bacche, in movies na, people play the roles of those characters you know?" I informed him by ruffling his hair and putting those tomatoes into the pan to make sabzi.

He pouted. And I can bet he didn't get a single thing I had said. "What about toys?" He asked me.

"Which toy do you want?" I asked him back.

"Squishy wala, softie that is sooo big" he spread his arms as much as he could to mark me the size of the soft toy.

"Okay, done! Aur kuch chahiye?"

"Nahi, lagega toh bata dunga" saying this he gave me his toothy smile! Kids my god! Have my whole damn heart. I love them to no limits!

And I told him to go and brush his teeth and get fresh and while he left the kitchen Aarush entered. I know what he came for, so I thought of offering him the same.

"Your tea" I handed him the cup of visible steam escaping it, indicating it is hot.

"Thank you" he smiled at me and took it and sat in our living room with a newspaper in hand, reading it.

I quickly prepared his tiffin and packed it. I prepared Upma, too, for breakfast.

Soon everyone was gathered on the dinner table for the breakfast session. I served everyone, including myself and noticed Pihu and Ansh were not here. I need to check whether they got up or not.