𝟔. 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Yuvaani

Engagement ? Isn't the wedding in 'Eight days' not enough ?

"Ask him" I replied to Papa, to which he nodded.

He was supposed to be gone by now, but he didn't. Isn't that what he is doing nowadays- Just imposing his final decisions on me and going ?

I looked at him. His eyes held emotions, but he didn't utter any.

Men.

"Can I say something ?" I asked.

"Yes" He encouraged me to say further.

"I don't want to marry him, Dad. Isn't this the enough reason to stop the marriage ?"

"You'll thank me later for this marriage, I bet" he spoke in a challenging tone.

I was about to answer him but he added "Tomorrow we have to go for jewellery shopping. And yes, take a few days off from your office, as far as the wedding is concerned" and he left without considering my response.

I quickly took my phone and called Aarush. Within two rings he picked up.

"Hello ?" He asked

"I really need to talk to you, it's important" I stepped straight into the topic, as I was concerned dad might call him right now.

Are his qualities being transferred into me ? My good brain has something to say. See. And he's always in opposition. As far as speaking directly on topic is concerned I'm in hurry. You stupid brain. His voice brought me back out of my trance.

"Umm- say, is everything alright ?" I sensed concern in his voice.

"Dad is asking for engagement. I told him to discuss it with you as I know my opinions don't really matter here. I want to ask you a favour if you don't mind"

"And that is ?"

"Cancel the engagement from your side, please. To be accurate there are only seven days left, and tomorrow they are taking me for shopping ! I seriously don't want any kind of rush- as in, if one more function is added in least time possible, it would be a fuss !"

"I understand, don't worry I'll handle it. I don't want engagement too. So I guess it'll be a win-win situation for both of us" he informed me his will.

"Okay, thank you" I thanked him as he'll take care of the circumstances.

He'll take care, Vaani. My good brain came in the picture again ! Why can't he just shut up and let me talk ? But I decided to reply my brain, but I heard Aarush's vocals instead getting me to reality.

"Okay, bye" he bid me bye.

I placed my phone on the table and dropped myself on the bed covering with blanket. Thinking about numerous things I've to do before the wedding takes places.

It's better for me to accept and don't resist it. My emotions were not letting me to get married. My will to not marry, was resistant. I'm letting go of all those. I don't want to be a human who decides on the basis of emotions. I wish I would have a button to turn of my emotions inside me !

God has sent him to me, I'll accept and hope for the best. I know he would never love me. I'll devote my life to his kids. I'll try to be a good mother. I'll try to be the person whom Priya wanted for her kids. Just the thing is I will be emotion-less.

That's the best idea ! Yes. No emotions. No desires. No attachments. No sufferings. I've read somewhere that Gautam Buddha once said that 'desires are the cause of suffering' - I'll eliminate that. That's my mantra for my happy life.