𝟐𝟑. 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Aarush 

I felt her gaze on me while sipping our evening tea. I know she's tensed due to Sanskar, she’s really a good friend. She felt concerned for him. I looked at her, and the moment our gaze matched she looked away. 

Maybe this is the first time I'm observing her to closely. Her brown locks which she bunched up in a bun, tied with a scrunchie, her eyes-

Her eyes. 

They're beautiful. Fully grown lashes and slim face with a good jawline. She's beautiful. She went through so much because of me, and I'm ready to fix it now. 

I don't feel good that we're not on good terms. But hopefully, one day we will. I may not love her, but I'll respect her and will try to give her everything that she deserves. She's a wise woman, and too innocent for this world. I promised myself, I won't treat her wrong. 

If there was Priya instead of Yuvaani, without a question I won't treat her wrong. Maybe because I love her, but that doesn't mean I should treat her wrong. 

Her gaze met mine. And it held hurt. Tremendous amount of hurt. They're not joyful as they should be. Being my wife I should give her happiness, like I did to Priya. 

Priya!

I can never forget you. But I feel comfortable around Yuvaani. And once one of my cousin told me that for moving on doesn't mean to forget the past. It just meant to accept the changes and embrace it. 

I know what's gone is gone, and I had accepted it. I just need some more time to lighten my heart and follow it. She wanted me to be lively, as I was when we were together. That Aarush just went somewhere- I don't know. I also want to be that again, who was happy. I don't know if I can be like that again. 

I sighed, and I saw she had gone. I placed my cup in the kitchen sink and washed my hands. She sat on the sofa around the babies on the floor, and they were crawling and playing randomly. 

"Mami!!!" I saw Vihaan running to Vaani, with tears in his eyes. I went and sat on sofa next to Yuvaani, maintaining a respectable distance between us. 

"Kya hua baccha?" She asked him. I saw Di and Jiju emerging from their rooms with suitcase bags and their luggage. 

"Mujhe nahi Jana ghar! Yaha pe sab log hai! Pihu, Priyansh, Aap, Mamu, Nani, Nanu" he said in his baby voice refusing to leave for USA. 

"Your school is re-opening Vihu" Dii made him understand but he got up to Yuvaani's lap and hugged her, engrossing his face in her neck. And she too, held him tightly, caressing his back and placing her cheek on his head, along with randomly kissing his hair. 

His cries grew louder and louder, Pihu came to me crawling and I picked her up. Whereas Priyansh went to Yuvaani crawling, and tried to climb the sofa helding her feet. 

I helped him to get her, and he tried to separate Vihaan and Yuvaani! 

"Mumma!" He said and scratched Vihaan's cheek and pulled his hair! Yuvaani adjusted Priyansh on her lap, giving him a bit of space. 

They began to fight and she eyed me to take Priyansh. I tried to take him from her but he was adamant. Maybe because he was seeing her after so long. She pacified Vihaan, and made him understand. 

"But you all are here!" Vihaan whined

"You want all of us there? At your place?" Yuvaani asked being cheeky

"Yes!" Our little boy replied 

"Okay, so for that, you have to go to your place na, then we will follow you, hm?" She said