𝟏𝟒. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐲

Yuvaani

I've been to Tresind. Tara, me and Sanskar have been chit chatting all random stuff, and our dinner was almost over. I feel the urge to disclose my feeling to them. After all, they're the only one who can understand me, support me.

"Tara- Sanskar- I have to tell you a thing" I said in pauses.

"What?" They said in unison completely unaware of what news is on their way. Their excitement deceased as they saw my serious face.

"I'm married" I let it out in a breath after battling numerous battles within.

"You're joking, right?" Tara asked

I wish I was.

But then, I showed her my mangalsutra that was covered by my dupatta.

"What!!! But last month hi toh mile the and you were unmarried- y-ye kaise!?" It was Sanskar. By his voice anyone can tell he was shocked.

I sighed. I can understand their reflexes.

"Three weeks ago, I got married" I began my story.

"To whom? You didn't love any one Vaani! Arranged marriage?" She asked being horrified.

"His name is Aarush. He was a widower. He married me as his kids were so small-" I tried to explain them, but my emotions were bottling up. But he intruppted me.

"Kids? Are you insane Vaani? You didn't want kids this early! We all know that. And Shadi? Uppar se windower se? Jiske do bacche hai?" Sanskar panicked.

"Shh.. dheere bolo! Bata rahi hu mai sab" I said as I wanted not to flash this news to my neighbouring tables.

"It was dad, maine rishte ko mana Kiya tha but" I nodded my head defeatedly.

"Are you okay?" Tara asked me.

"I don't know Tara! I really don't know. I don't know where I am, what I am doing! I feel lost! I expected my parents to understand me. They failed. Unexpectedly, I got good in-laws. They support me in everything. I'm so grateful to them. I thought I'll get love from my husband, I failed. He can never love again" I controlled my tears. My voice felt weak but I managed to speak well.

"Kuch bhi hua toh call us, okay? We are there for you!" Sanskar assured.

I nodded to him.

"Kya kuch bhi hua? Tu samaj bhi raha hai kuch? Bro she's married! It's not easy!! Bacche kitche chhote hai Vaani?" Tara first exploded at Sanskar and then turn to ask me.

"They're 1 year old this month maybe"

"Oh my god!! They're so small!" He exclaimed.

"Tujhe hi inn sab mein kyu fasna tha? Can't you inform us earlier? Before your marriage? We could've helped you!" This wasn't Tara. Her rage was speaking. I knew she didn't liked my parents since beginning, as they were quite controlling.

"Exactly!!!!!! Bhaga dete tujhe!" Sanskar pulled out an impossible way.

"It's okay guys! Chill Karo! Kabhi na kabhi toh honi hi thi na shadi, abhi hi sahi" I tried to make sense and swallow all the emotions and my phone rang.

It was him. He asked me when he should come to pick me up and I asked him to come now.

"Guys, chill! He's a good man. I've got a good family. There's no need to worry about me! Everything is good. Even his kids are also sooo cute na!" I tried to cheer them up by showing Ansh and Pihu's pictures. But they looked at me with sad expressions.