𝟏𝟑. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐟𝐞

Aarush

"Can you not yell at me, please?" Her voice was low calm and more like requested. Her tone wasn't accusing me, but I instantly regretted yelling at her today.

I didn't know how to make my words in front of her. Not that she was intimidating, her calmness was  something I was more like- afraid of. I remember, Priya once told me 'Her silence spoke volumes, if she's silent'

Priya always taught me valuable things about human nature. Men tend to not notice things as finely as women sometimes, so I used to miss out points. She used to make me understand what the other person was expecting.

I really wish you were here to tell me how to handle this situation. I can apologise, and I will. But Yuvaani's eyes utter more than her simplified verbal communication. She looks kind of hurt- that's evident in her eyes. What should I do to mend that hurt, Priya?

I heard footsteps and came out of my blank thinking, and saw Yuvaani was going out of the room.

"Hey!" I immediately put her to a halt.

I can't let her go without her accepting my apology. If she didn't forgive me, I'll be in guilt. I don't want that.

But you're still guilty.

She turned and glanced at me. I took the opportunity and went to her.

"I'm sorry. I really and genuinely apologize for my behaviour. I know these are just words but- that's all I can say in my defence. Priyansh and Pihu are a part of hers, which indeed are special. I-I just can't let anything happen to them. And when I came to know he has a fever I can't just keep my sanity. I sincerely apologize"

"It's okay" she smiled and went to the guest room.

I too then, closed the door and stared at the cots. I bent and kissed them and dripped myself to bed.

Indeed, I missed you more today. I wish you were here to guide me as you usually used to do. I wish you were here to see how lost I am without you. I know you can't come here. But wherever you are please be happy. I even m-married to fulfil your last wish. Why on the Earth you have to pick that thing as your last wish? You know, Pihu is getting your face bit by bit. Jab bhi Pihu ko hug karta hu na, she reminds me of you. How difficult it must have been for you? To expect me with someone else? For our kids! Me as a soul, couldn't even stand it, seeing you with a guy which was not me. It's pain would be approximately closer to that of burning alive. I'm seeing your picture hung on the wall, and thank you for coming in my life, to make a part of it beautiful. I will always love you.

Two weeks went by swiftly. We've done with that implantation, and the doctor has informed me that she'll have a change in behaviour, due to hormones. Till now, I haven't seen any type of change in her behaviour, I think I might take time.

Nevertheless, I began missing Priya more as Priyansh's health was a bit low. I know she would have taken 'extra' care of him neglecting her health. That wouldn't be an issue as I would have taken her care.

At least, I can see her at the end of each day. In my dreams.

I felt a bit warm and grabbed her hand, for a second it felt real, so I hugged it.

You literally came to me?

I smiled at the thought as I felt the warmth of her hand. I felt that touch moving a bit so I groaned "Umm.. Priya!" and caught it again.

"I'm not Priya" a soft voice touched my ears which I immediately recognised was not Priya's. I opened my eyes to see Yuvaani there.

She held a small smile that wasn't reaching her eyes, as if she's trying to smile harder but can't do so. I felt a tung in my heart.