𝟑𝟐. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

Aarush

It has been three whole days Yuvaani had been discharged from the hospital and she had been staying with her parents. Whereas I'm at my place currently, feeding both of my little ones.

"Kha lo na baccha" I requested Priyansh in my soft tone.

[ Eat it, baby ]

"Mum-mum-mumma!" He ranted

"Mumma! Mumma!" This time it was his twin sister. Both the babies were literally difficult to handle. Not because of their baby-ish behavior, but because they were asking for Yuvaani, and she couldn't meet them as she wasn't here. And obviously I can't even ask her to come here again! It would be like- so selfish! I want her to come to me by her own will. But to my babies' banter, I have absolutely no response for this.

They've grown accustomed to her, as they've been around her all the time. She was there for them whenever I went to the office. She took care of them.

They miss her presence, and so do I. Her presence just gives an unknown contentment to my heart, that yes, someone is there for me. In a good way. Her flowery scent always kept lingering in the house, which was now missing. The times she slept next to me made me believe that she trusted me enough that I won't do anything wrong to her, even in sleep.

My phone rang and I just peeked as it was next to me. My boss' PA.

He has no other work than to trouble me or what?

"Hello Aarush?"

"Yes sir?"

"Sir needs you here today at any cost"

"But-"

"Sorry, I can't help you this time. You need to be here by an hour"

"Okay, I'll be there" I confirmed and kept the phone.

"Jaldhi kha lo baccho, papa ko bahar jana hai '' I said, taking a spoonful of food in front of their mouth.

[ Eat fast babies, Papa needs to go ]

But Priyansh has some other plans! He jumped on me, spilling the bowl of khichadi all over me and the bed.

"Ansh!!!"

He raised his head from my shoulder to look directly in my eyes as I called his name. His doe eyes and toothy smile just melts my heart but they can't undo the thing he did.

"Maaa" I called my mother out. She came in no time and gasped seeing our state.

"I need to go to the office urgently. Please feed them. I'll clean this once I get back" I blurted out and rushed towards my wardrobe not after giving Priyansh to her.

I quickly got ready in my formals and emerged out of the room and I saw Papa picking Priyansh and Maa picking Pihu and they were moving out of my room, but as I was going out of Pihu's sight she began crying.

God!

I quickly took her from Maa, and cooed her pacing around the room. I glanced at the watch to see the time left.

36 minutes!

"Baby, Papa will be back soon! promise" I don't know if she could understand this but she hugged me instead. Wrapping her small baby arms around my neck.

"Just let me go, otherwise boss' uncle will throw papa out of the company, you know? Then what will we do? Hm?" I asked her and she nuzzled more in my neck but I managed to wear socks and went to the living room to wear my shoes, of course having her in my arms.