Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Joshua couldn't keep the information that he found out at the grocery store to himself. The moment he entered the house and found his brothers and their wives in the kitchen, he spilled his guts out.

"Slow down, man, what did you say?" Jonathan asked his brother.

"Lamia has eight kids and five of them belong to Joe, that's what I said," Joshua answered.

"Lamia, are you talking about Joe's first love?" Trinity asked Joshua.

Joshua nods.

"Ran into her, invited her over for the bbq, and found out she had eight kids because her son, who by the way favors Joe comes over and it clicked like that's why she disappeared," Joshua answered.

The group gathers the information and tries to process it all.

"So why didn't she tell Joe?" Takecia asked.

Joe is loved, adored, and respected by his family. Family is so important in Joe's life. So, Lamia brings into the world his kids, and not letting him know is going to crush him.

"Because her parents forced her into an arranged marriage to protect their reputation and the guy moved her away from here, so, no one would find out that she was pregnant," Joshua explained.

"That's fucked up, I didn't even know they still did that," Takecia said.

Takecia aside from Joe had taken Lamia's disappearance the hardest, she was so upset that her best friend had just disappeared from her life without a word and now she knew the truth. She wanted to go and curse Lamia's parents out for lying to her all these years and hug Lamia.

"Is she coming? Who's going to tell Joe?" Joseph asked.

"Tell me what?" Joe asked as he, Galina, and his kids entered the kitchen through the garage door.

"Joshua has something he wants to tell you," Jonathan answered.

Joe looks at Joshua.

"What's up?" Joe asked Joshua.

"Tell him," Takecia encouraged Joshua.

Joshua sighed.

"Come on, uce, we got a lot to talk about," Joshua said as he grabbed Joe by the arm and leads him into the living room away from everyone.

"What's going on?" Joe asked Joshua as they take a seat on the couch.

"It's about Lamia," Joshua answered.

"Yeah, I saw in the group chat that you ran into her, that's crazy after all these years she pops up out of nowhere," Joe said, shaking his head.

"She has kids," Joshua blurted out.

Joe forced a smile.

"Good for her," Joe said.

"She has your kids," Joshua said, quickly.

Joe's eyes widen.

"What?" Joe asked.

"Joe, she had quintuplets," Joshua told him, before pulling up a picture of the quintuplets on Lamia's Instagram page. "They take after our side of the family for sure," Joshua said, showing Joe the picture.

"How? What?" Joe asked grabbing the phone from Joshua. "How is this possible? Why didn't she tell me?" He asked.

Joshua explained to Joe what Lamia had told him.

"They lied to me! They told me she ran away!" Joe hissed as he thought back on the time when Lamia's parents told him about her running away from home. "How could they do that to her?" He asked.