Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"So, how do you guys feel now that you've met your father?" Lamia asked as they drive back home.

"He's cool or whatever, I mean he's in love with you so I guess we'll be seeing more of him," Laredo said, scrolling through his Instagram feed.

"Oh my gosh, you saw the way he was looking at her like the last piece of fried chicken on the platter," Lyrita said, chuckling.

Lamia let out a big sigh as she continued driving.

"What does that mean for us? Is he coming around for her or us?" Lisardo asked.

"Why can't it be for both; we get a chance to have our father in our lives and hopefully be a family," Lourdes said, hoping that her parents get together.

"What about his ex-wife and their kids?" Lisardo asked.

"They're our siblings so it's a package deal," Lourdes answered.

"Ugh, I can't even stand y'all, now I gotta deal with five more," Lisardo said.

Laramie sticks her tongue out at Lisardo.

"Baby, you stuck with us for life, get over it," Laramie said.

Lisardo rolls his eyes.

"Hey, ma, grandma said we come to her house tomorrow," Laird said.

"Grandma?" Everyone said at the same time.

"Hey, she told me I can call her grandma so I'm going to call her that," Laird said.

Seems like Patricia has claimed all of Lamia's kids as her grandchildren. Lamia smiled. Patricia has always been a good woman. She treated her like a daughter from the day she met her. She's the example of a mother that Lamia wanted and tries to be with her kids. She was happy that she was able to be reunited with the Anoa'i family and that her kids were finally going to be able to get a chance to know their father and relatives.

"Do you guys want to go to her house?" Lamia asked her children.

The kids look at each other before agreeing to go to Patricia's house.

"I'll take you guys over there tomorrow," Lamia told them.

"Cool, so, are you gonna give him another chance?" Lyrita asked Lamia.

"Give who a chance?" Lamia asked Lyrita.

"My father, duh," Lyrita answered.

"Focus on building a relationship with your father," Lamia told her daughter.

"That sounds like a yes to me," Laramie said.

The next day when Lamia dropped the kids off at Patricia's house, she wasn't expecting to be invited to stay or the number of people hanging out at the house, one of those people being Joe.

Joe came over to his mother's house because Joshua informed him about Lamia asking him for Patricia's address. Joe was happy to have another chance to see Lamia and the kids again. Thank God for his mom taking the first step to having them around.

"Can you stop staring at her and go talk to her?" Laramie asked him.

Joe looked at his oldest daughter.

"Can I ask you a question?" Joe replied.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Your mom used to have this dimple on her left cheek, what happened to her face?" Joe asked Laramie.

Laramie sighed.

"He repeatedly punched her in the face, knocked out her 2 front teeth, and caused some damage to the left side of her face so she had to have facial reconstruction surgery," Laramie answered.

Joe was shocked. She was in an abusive marriage.

"Why would he do that?" Joe asked her.

"Because she wouldn't love him," She answered.

"Why would she love him?" He asked.

"He thought because he was giving her everything he should have her heart but there's only one person who has her heart," She explained.

"Who has her heart?" He asked.

Laramie snorted.

"You," She replied with a smile.

Joe giggled.

"Did you just giggle?" She asked, shocked that a grown man was giggling.

"No," Joe answered.