Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

A month later, Joe noticed that Lamia's motion sickness was looking like morning sickness. Joe pulled Laramie to the kitchen so he could get her to help him figure out if Lamia was pregnant.

"I'm going to make her take a pregnancy test," Joe told Laramie.

"How are you going to convince her to take a pregnancy test?" Laramie asked her father as they sat at the kitchen island.

Joe shrugged.

"Give her a test and lock her in the bathroom until she takes it," Joe answered.

Laramie shakes her head at her father.

"That's not going to work," Laramie said.

"What do you suggest?" Joe asked his eldest daughter.

"Hey, mom, are you pregnant?" Laramie asked Lamia as she entered the kitchen.

Joe cleared his throat.

"Yeah, what she said," Joe told Lamia.

Lamia shook her head and sighed.

"It's just a stomach bug that's all," Lamia told them.

"A stomach bug for a month. Really, Lamia?" Joe said.

Lamia rolled her eyes. "I'm not pregnant, it is just a stomach bug, you guys," Lamia said.

Laramie raised her eyebrows. "You said it was motion sickness, now it's a stomach bug," Laramie said before looking at her father. "Congratulations, you're having a baby," Laramie told him.

"Laramie!" Lamia shrieked.

"Just take a pregnancy test and if it's negative I won't bother you and your stomach bug again," Joe suggested to Lamia.

Lamia groaned. "If I'm going to take one just to prove y'all are wrong," Lamia said, walking out of the kitchen and to the hallway bathroom.

Fifteen minutes later, she walked back into the kitchen with a nervous smile on her face.

"Is it negative?" Joe asked Lamia.

Lamia let out a nervous chuckle. "I need to make a doctor's appointment," Lamia answered instead of telling him the results of the pregnancy test.

"It's positive, isn't it?" Laramie asked with a big smile on her face.

"I just want to make sure, you know these tests can give false results," Lamia replied as she picked up her phone to place an appointment with her doctor.

Joe was excited. "We're having a baby," Joe said.

"Babies," Laramie corrected him.

"What?" Joe asked her.

"It could be twins," Laramie told him as she walked out of the kitchen.

Liked by lyrita, romanreigns, trinity_fatu, and 468,406 otherslamia Blackbird 🖤View all 2,255 comments

lamia Blackbird 🖤
View all 2,255 comments

"Great game," Joe told his sons as they walked out of their locker room to meet him.

"Thanks, Dad, we could have done better though," Laredo said.

Joe made sure to make it to almost every game so far for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this season to support his sons. He was so proud of them, he finally understood what his father felt when he watched him wrestling.

"Hey just keep playing how you two have been playing and things will get better," Joe told them.

"Thanks, pops," Lisardo said.

"Come on, let's go out to eat, I have something to tell y'all," Joe said.

"What is it?" Laredo asked as they walked out of the building.

Joe smiled and pulled out his phone, clicking on the picture in his message from Lamia earlier today. He showed the boys the picture.

"No way!" Lisardo exclaimed.

"Twins! Mom is pregnant with twins!" Laredo jumped in excitement.

"Congratulations, I hope we won't be as fertile as you two, I can't have all these kids running around like y'all," Lisardo said.

Joe laughed.

"I was just gonna have that talk with y'all about condoms," Joe teased them.

"I don't need the condom talk, I'm good," Laredo said.

"I double up," Lisardo said.

They all laughed.

"But anyways your mom is freaking out so I need you guys to come over and comfort her because she thinks I'm the devil right now," Joe said, shaking his head.

The boys laughed.

"We got you but she was like this every time she found out she was pregnant, she'll be happy about it by the end of the week," Laredo said.

Lisardo nods in agreement. "Yeah, she's just dramatic," Lisardo said.

"She'll probably tell us to stay home with her so she can have all her babies under one roof and overpamper us," Lamia said.

Joe nods.

"Yeah, she already told Laramie to not go on vacation because she needs her," Joe said.

"I hope you're prepared for how clingy she becomes while pregnant," Laredo said.

"It's that bad?" Joe asked them.

"She will want to wear your skin by her third trimester," Lisardo answered.