Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Lamia took a picture of Joe and the girls backstage by the ring interview backdrop. "Let me see, Mom," Lourdes said taking her phone and looking at the picture of her, her sister, and her father.

"We look good," Lyrita said peeking over her shoulder. "Send them to me," She told Lourdes.

"I'm gonna post them on Instagram," Lourdes said before looking at Joe. "Is that okay with you, Dad?" She asked Joe.

"Of course, it's okay," Joe answered.

"I'm going to post them too," Lyrita told him.

"Great," Joe said.

The girls walk off leaving Joe and Lamia standing there. Joe had a big smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling so hard?" Lamia asked him.

"I finally made it to their Instagram page," He answered.

Joe was excited to finally get public acknowledgment from his daughters instead of just being concealed in the background.

"Awe, you're so cute," Lamia said.

"I gotta go film this segment," Joe said.

"Okay, I'll head back to your locker room," Lamia said kissing him quickly before turning to walk off.

"Stay out of trouble," He said as she walked away.

Lamia did the opposite and found trouble, waiting for her back at Joe's private locker room. Her baby sister Aunesti was waiting for her at the door.

Lamia rolled her eyes. Raúl didn't waste any time getting her here.

"After all these years, you can forgive him and be around his family but not your blood," Aunesti said with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Joe and his family didn't do anything to me and you know that Aunesti," Lamia said.

"I didn't do anything to you either but you avoid me like I'm scum," Aunesti told her.

Lamia sighed.

"Because you're still associated with the people who hurt your sisters, you may not have done anything but the fact that you're okay being around them is upsetting, you're a snake to me, I can't trust you," Lamia explained to Aunesti.

Aunesti frowned.

"What do you want me to do? Cut off our parents for the things they did to you and Kamoria, huh?" Aunesti asked her.

Lamia rolled her eyes.

"You know what I'm not going to have this conversation, go find your husband and leave me the hell alone. Please stop reaching out to me and Kamoria since you can't understand why we're not okay with being around you," Lamia replied before walking into Joe's locker room where the twins were pretending like they weren't listening to the conversation that just took place outside.

"Y'all look guilty," Lamia told them.

Joshua sighed.

"Girl, we were trying to make sure you don't get banned from the WWE," Joshua said.

"I thought you were going to knock Aunesti's head off of her shoulders," Jonathan said.

Lamia groaned.

"I wish she would leave me and Kamoria alone," Lamia said.

Aunesti is Lamia and Kamoria's sister. She didn't suffer the same fate as her older sisters and had a pretty normal childhood.

She tried for years to get in contact with her sisters but they wanted nothing to do with her because she was still around their parents.

Who would want to hang out with someone who associates with their abusers? No one. But Aunesti just wasn't getting it through her head.

"I don't know why she can't understand how you guys feel," Joshua said.

"She is sheltered. She got to have a normal childhood and married for love unlike Kamoria and me, she feels like we should just move on," Lamia said, taking a seat on the couch.

"Are you not talking to her because you resent her or because you don't want your parents to have a way back into your life?" Jonathan asked her.

"A little of both. Yeah, I'm happy she didn't have to suffer like us but jealous that they didn't do her like how they did us. And yeah, I feel like they would use her to come around," Lamia answered.

"I get the second part but you shouldn't resent her for something that she had no control over. Trust me, it's hurting you more than it's hurting her," Jonathan told Lamia.

Lamia's shoulders sagged and she began shaking while hiding her face in her hands. She was crying.

"Shit, don't cry," Joshua said as he moved to her side and pulled her into a hug.

"Come on, sis, tell us why you're crying?" Jonathan asked.

Lamia looked up with tears falling out of her eyes.

"It's pent-up anger," Lamia answered.