Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

While out in Miami, Lamia got asked out on a date by a guy she met at the nightclub the night before.

Lamia called Lyrita from the car on her way to her first date ever. She hadn't been on a date since Joe took her out to the movies back in high school. She wanted to let her daughter know about her date and check up on her since she and Lourdes were still traveling with Joe.

It seemed those two had taken to wrestling and wouldn't be coming home anytime soon as far as she was aware.

Lamia called Lyrita on FaceTime but Lourdes answered her phone. "Hello, ma, where are you going looking so pretty?" Lourdes asked Lamia.

"Hello, Lourdes, how are you? Where is Lyrita? I'm going on a date," Lamia answered as she heard a cough in the background.

Lourdes looked over at Joe.

"Are you okay?" Lourdes asked him.

"Who is that?" Lamia asked.

Lourdes flipped the camera and Joe appeared on the screen. "Hi," Joe said.

"Hi," Lamia said.

Lyrita walked into the room and took a seat next to her sister.

"So, you're going on a date with who?" Lourdes asked as she flipped the camera back on her.

"A date?" Lyrita asked, surprised.

"This guy I met the other day," Lamia answered.

"A stranger, uhh, turn that car around and go home now," Lyrita said as she placed her head on her sister's shoulder.

"What do you even know about the guy?" Joe asked.

"He is an entrepreneur," Lamia answered.

"He could be a serial killer," Lyrita said.

"Yeah, what's his name, age, height, weight? I need to look him up," Lourdes said as she pulled out her phone, ready to research the man.

"Xavien Mostert, he's about 6'1" and I think he weighs close to 190 lbs," Lamia told her daughter.

Lourdes does a background check on Xavien.

"Okay, he's cute, no criminal record," Lourdes said.

Joe leans over to get a look at the man. Lyrita and him make the same face, scoffing.

Xavien was a handsome, tall dark, and chocolate man with a nice beard.

"He's alright, he ain't your type," Lyrita and Joe said at the same time.

"What's my type?" Lamia asked.

"Not him," Lyrita and Joe said at the same time once again.

Lourdes chuckled.

"Oh, genetics work in mysterious ways because she acts just like you, down to the mannerisms," Lourdes said.

Lamia nods in agreement because she never realized how much Joe and Lyrita behaved the same way.

"Of course," Joe said.

The car stops.

"Well, I'm here. I just wanted to let you guys know about my date," Lamia said.

"Keep it cute, Mother, and if he tries you, let him know your baby daddy will kill him," Lyrita said before looking at her dad. "Right?" She asked him.

Joe nods.

"Right," Joe answered, co-signing.

Lamia shakes her head and says goodbye to them before ending the call. Lamia gets out of the car and enters the restaurant.

Xavien Mostert, her date, greets her at the entrance and gave her a bouquet of red roses and a hug.

"Welcome to my restaurant," Xavien told Lamia.

"Oh, you own this?" Lamia asked as she looks around and noticed the restaurant was empty. "Are we the only ones here?" She asked him.

"Yes, and I had the place closed for our date," Xavien answered.

Lamia nods.

"Okay, that was nice of you, I hope you don't lose money for doing that," Lamia said.

"You're worth it," Xavien said, licking his lips.

Xavien walks her over to the table that he had set up with candles and red roses just for the date.

"Oh, this is nice," Lamia said as Xavien pulled out her seat for her.

"I'm glad you like it," Xavien said.

Lamia and Xavien start talking and sharing little facts about each other. Lamia told Xavien that she had eight kids. Xavien didn't seem shocked by the information and shared that he had four children, including a 17-year-old, a 15-year-old, a ten-year-old, and a five-year-old, but was not with his ex.

Lamia asked if there were any skeletons in his closet.

"Nothing," Xavien said.

The date continues but Lamia finds herself thinking about Joe. She kept comparing Xavien to Joe, hell she even compared Xavien to Lance.

Xavien kept talking about his accomplishments.

Lamia kept a small smile on her face and nods as he speaks. She just wanted him to shut up at this point.

"I think we could be a great power couple, I need a woman like you by my side," Xavien said.

"Oh?" Lamia asked.

"Yeah, we could run Miami together," Xavien answered.

Then Xavien said something that made Lamia question his intention with her. Xavier mentioned the fathers of her children. It clicked in her head, he knew who she was when he approached her.

Lamia doesn't say anything and lets him keep talking.

At the end of the date, Lamia concludes that she wasn't interested to see where this goes.