Chapter Twenty-Three

Today, Joe brought over his kids to hang out at Lamia's house. He wanted all of his kids in one place while he was off the road. He was outside in the pool with the boys while the girls were doing whatever in different parts of the house.

Lourdes walked into the living room.

"Joelle, did you take something out of my closet?" Lourdes asked as she watched Joelle take selfies, wearing her GCDS leather jacket.

"Lyrita said I could," Joelle answered.

"No, you can keep it, just tell me next time before you take something out of my closet, okay," Lourdes told Joelle.

"Sorry and okay," Joelle said.

Lamia walked in and looked at the girls.

"Lourdes, did you take something from my closet?" Lamia asked with her eyebrows raised.

Joelle chuckled.

"It's a vicious cycle in this household," Lourdes told Joelle before running out of the room.

Lamia shakes her head and looks at Joelle.

"Hey, Jojo, do you want to a room here?" Lamia asked Joelle.

Joelle's eyes widen in surprise.

"Really? Does that mean I can come here anytime I want?" Joelle asked with excitement.

"Well, as long as you have your parents' permission then yes, you can," Lamia answered.

Lyrita talked to Lamia about making rooms for her younger siblings in the house. She wanted them to be comfortable, so that way they would be open to coming over more often. Lamia agreed since she had a couple of empty rooms and she wanted Joe to see her being able to care for his kids like her own.

"Yes," Joelle said.

"Let's go pick out your room," Lamia told Joelle.

"Can I be near Lyrita?" Joelle asked Lamia.

Lamia smiled at Joelle.

"She's your favorite, isn't she?" Lamia replied.

Joelle nods.

"Yes, even though she's seven years older than me, I think we have a lot in common," Joelle told Lamia.

"I'm glad you two are getting along. You know, you remind me of Lyrita when she was your age," Lamia said as they walked up the stairs.

"Really?" Joelle asked.

"Yup, she ran track, did gymnastics, and had the same expressions in her eyes as you," Lamia answered.

"I also think we look like," Joelle said.

"It's the eyes, noses, and smiles, you guys have the same eyes, noses, and smile," Lamia told her.

Joelle smiled.

Lyrita walks out of her room just as Lamia and Joelle walk toward the empty bedroom next to hers.

"Hey," Lyrita said.

"Joelle wants this room," Lamia tells Lyrita.

Lyrita smiled.

"Yay!" Lyrita clapped as she rushed to open the door. "Do you want to know a secret about this room?" Lyrita asked Joelle.

"What is it?" Joelle replied.

"It has a secret door that leads to my room," Lyrita told her as she pushed a space on the wall that opened to reveal Lyrita's room.

Joelle squealed. Yup, Lyrita was her favorite sister. Nope, her favorite sibling at this point.