Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Lamia walks into the building under construction with Laramie, Lyrita, Liana, and Lourdes.

"Oh wow," Laramie said, looking around the building.

"It looks like everything is coming together in here," Lamia said.

Right before her husband passed, Lamia had him invested in her daughters' business ventures.

Laramie does hair, Lyrita does makeup, and Lourdes designs clothing, so to make sure her daughters never found themselves in similar situations as she did. Lamia brought a building for the girls to run their businesses in.

Lamia is excited about this one because she and the girls are building this place from the ground up.

"I love it," Lyrita said.

Their contractor, Jordan walked up to them. He was an older man who constantly tried to flirt with Lamia but she paid him no attention.

"Hello, ladies! Welcome!" Jordan said, greeting them.

The ladies greeted him.

"Ladies, are you guys ready to see what we've done so far and go over the layout of the building and the budget?" Jordan asked them.

"Yes, Jordan, I want to make sure each floor has everything the girls need," Lamia answered.

"And I want to know how much my extra features cost us," Laramie said.

Since Laramie does hair, she had to have extra features in her salon that were up to date with advanced technology.

"Well, those extra features cost you, ladies, roughly $85,000," Jordan told them.

"That's fine," Lamia said, not worried about the money being spent on the business because she knew her girls would make the money back once they opened the business and had customers coming in. "Now, did you add the big mirror wall on each floor?" Lamia asked Jordan.

"Yes," Jordan answered as he leads them to the location of the big mirror wall on the first floor.

"Oh you were right, Mom, this is so cool," Lyrita said as she pulled out her phone to take a mirror selfie.

Lisardo, Joe, and Joseph walked in while the girls were taking selfies.

"I thought y'all were working, this doesn't look like work to me," Lisardo said.

"We are working," Laramie said as she hugged Joe and Joseph.

"Welcome to The L Lounge," Lourdes said to Joe and Joseph.

"And what is The L Lounge?" Joe asked.

"It's a one-stop destination for women," Laramie answered.

"It's a boutique, beauty bar, hair salon, selfie museum, and spa," Lyrita said.

"So, everything women need in one spot, that's neat," Joe said.

"And who is this?" Jordan asked.

"Our dad," Laramie said with a smirk as she watched Jordan give Joe a once-over.

"Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Jordan, the constructor, I didn't know you were married, Lamia," Jordan said.

Joe's brows drew together. Joseph chuckled as he peeped that Jordan liked Lamia and was threatened by Joe.

"The lights, Jordan, show us the lights," Lyrita said to keep her parents from correcting Jordan.

Lyrita was over Jordan flirting with her mom so if he thought she was married and it keeps him from flirting with her then so be it.

Lamia shakes her head.

"Oh yes, your custom lights," Jordan said, moving over to show them the lights.

"What was that?" Lisardo asked Laramie.

"He flirts with Mom," Laramie told her brother.

"Oh," Lisardo said.

Jordan gives a tour of each floor and explains the changes made and what's left to do. Not once does he flirt with Lamia but he does watch her interaction with Joe, who seems to be glued to her side. Jordan was jealous. Lamia never told him she was married. She doesn't even wear a ring.

Joe lifted an eyebrow at Jordan and sized him up as he lifted Liana in his arms since she asked him to pick her up. Jordan turned his attention to Lyrita who asked him a question with a grin on her face.

"Has he been flirting with you since you hired him?" Joe asked Lamia.

Lamia nods.

"I've been tuning him out but I guess the girls had enough. I'm sorry they involved you," Lamia answered.

"No, it's okay. He needs to be professional," Joe said.

Joseph smirks.

"He won't be flirting with you anymore, especially when your husband looks like he could crush him with one hand," Joseph said, teasingly.

Lisardo laughs.

"I can't wait to see how everything turns out," Lourdes said.

"Okay, I'm hungry, let's go, family," Lyrita said as they head back down to the first floor.

Jordan pulls Lamia to the side right before she was about to head down the stairs.

"I'm sorry for flirting with you but why didn't you tell me you were married?" Jordan asked her.

She decided not to correct him. After all, she wanted him to stop flirting so if he would back off because she's married then it was a win for her.

"Jordan you saw that I never flirted back, I've kept it professional with you, there's no reason for me to mention my marital status when I never showed any interest in you," Lamia explained to him with her mouth set in a hard line.

Jordan shakes his head.

"Right," Jordan said.

Joe walked back up the stairs when he noticed Lamia and Jordan hadn't followed them.

"Is there a problem?" Joe asked.

Jordan moved away from Lamia and went down the stairs. Joe looked at Lamia like should I go and beat his ass for something. Lamia shakes her head.

"He was just apologizing for flirting with me," Lamia answered.

"He could have done that downstairs," Joe said as his jaw tightened.

Lamia nibbled on her bottom lip.

"You're intimidating," Lamia tells Joe.