Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Where is your mom?" Joe asked Lourdes.

Lourdes shrugs.

"I have no idea," Lourdes answered.

"She's talking to Shaun. They've been talking in the catering area for a while. You ain't hear it from me but I dunno...think he might've swooped in on your baby momma," Joseph said, jokingly.

"Stop," Lourdes said, laughing as Joe looked like he was about to explode.

Joshua chuckles, looking up from his phone.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" Joe asked loudly.

"Damn, are you hard of hearing?" Joseph replied.

"He's just playing," Joshua told Joe.

Joe runs his hand through his hair. Of course, the guys around here would notice a beautiful woman like Lamia and try to shoot their shot at her. He needed to do something to let everyone know she was off-limits. Maybe, he should put she's not available sign on Lamia.

"Yeah, I gotta put a sign on her or something," Joe said, thinking out loud.

"What?" Joseph

Lourdes chuckled.

"Uce, are you jealous?" Joshua asked Joe.

"What? No," Joe answered.

Yes. Very jealous.

"Went on one date and you ready to take her out of the game," Joseph said, teasing Joe.

"She was never in the game," Joe said.

Lourdes starts recording Joe's jealous behavior. She knew her siblings' only group chat was going to have a field day with this information.

"I think she and Shaun would be cute together," Joshua said.

Joseph and Joshua took turns trying to see how pissed Joe could get thinking that Shaun and Lamia were flirting in catering even though Shaun is married and the conversation was about a minute long before they both walked away.

Just as Joe was about to go on a rant. Lamia walked in with cupcakes.

"Joe I found our favorite cupcakes," Lamia said with the biggest smile that made Joe calm down.

"How?" Joe asked Lamia as he opens the container to see the rare flavored cupcakes.

"I saw Shaun eating one so I stopped him and demanded that he tells me where he found them then I went and brought some for us," Lamia explained to Joe.

"Oh, that's why you were talking to him?" Joe asked her.

Lamia raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, what would I have to talk to a married man about other than where to find cupcakes?" Lamia responded.

Joe felt embarrassed. He completely forgot that Shaun was married. Everyone in the room started laughing.

"Oh, Lamia, he was so jealous, I thought Shaun was going to die tonight," Joshua told Lamia.

Lamia looked at Joe with a head tilt.

"So, some things never change," She said.

"So, he's always been like this?" Lourdes asked her mother.

"Been like this. Let a guy stand in front of Lamia, he was ready to go to war," Joshua answered Lourdes.

Lamia giggles.