Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Liked by romanreigns and 210,552 others lamia This is your Saturday evening reminder: Youare divine AF, you lack nothing 🫶🏼Dress @lacoutureMakeup: @lyritaHair: @laramieView all 1,459 commentslourdes 😍😍😍

lamia This is your Saturday evening reminder: You
are divine AF, you lack nothing 🫶🏼
Dress @lacouture
Makeup: @lyrita
Hair: @laramie
View all 1,459 comments
lourdes 😍😍😍

Today Lamia was invited by Takecia to join her, Josivini, Trinity, Almia, and Galina for dinner. She couldn't remember the last time she went to hang out with anyone aside from her late husband. She was excited to explore her newfound freedom and hopefully make friends.

She needed friends, badly. Plus she wanted to reconnect with Takecia and Josivini.

They all arrived at the restaurant at the same time. Late as hell.

"We are definitely on colored people time," Trinity said, causing everyone else to laugh.

They walked into the restaurant and were escorted to a large table for eight in the middle of the restaurant.

"Girl, I want to look like you," Josivini said as she admired Lamia's body. "There's no way you had eight kids," She said.

Lamia smiled as she sat down.

"Thank you, working out was the only I could keep myself sane as a housewife," Lamia said, revealing her secret to her sexy body.

"You were a housewife your whole marriage. No hobbies or side hustles?" Takecia asked Lamia.

"My late husband believed that my role in the family was to stay home and have no connection to the outside world, so no hobbies or side hustles," Lamia explained.

"What the fuck? So, what are you doing now? Did you even finish school?" Josivini asked as she was curious to know if her childhood best friend would be able to survive in the real world.

"He left us money, and I did graduate high school," Lamia answered.

"But you have to do something. What if the money runs out?" Takecia asked.

Lamia chuckled.

"Trust me, that money isn't going to run out," Lamia responded.

"Your money long," Trinity said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"If I wanted to take care of everyone in here, I could!" Lamia said, quoting Kandi Burruss.

"Oh so, you're rich as fuck then," Galina said.

"In that case, the bill is on you," Takecia said.

They order their drinks and meals.

"Lamia, Sefa talks about you so much I feel like I know," Almia said.

"Really?" Lamia asked.

Almia nods.

"Yeah, he had the biggest crush on you as a kid. He was sad when you disappeared that he tried to run away to be with you," Almia revealed to Lamia.

"Awe, Sefa was a really sweet and goofy kid," Lamia said.

"He still is sweet and goofy," Almia said.

"You know y'all have the same name just the letters rearranged," Trinity pointed out.

"I just realized that too," Josivini said, laughing.

"I bet Sefa knew that," Trinity said.

Almia shakes her head.

"I'm fine with it because I know how important Lamia is to him," Almia said.

"All of them were obsessed with Lamia, I remember in high school, they would follow her like bodyguards, I couldn't even talk to her without one of them being around," Josivini said.

"It was a mess. Joshua would snitch on any boy trying to talk to Lamia. Joe and the twins used to chase boys after school about Lamia," Takecia said.

Lamia laughed.

"It was insane because the next day the boy wouldn't be able to look me in my eyes. I used to tell Joe and them to stop it but they never listened to me," Lamia said.

"Sika and Patricia didn't play about you either when you went missing they were ready to burn the city down," Josivini said.

Lamia smiled.

"Yeah, Joe told me about how everyone reacted to my disappearance. I'm still in disbelief that everyone cared that much about me," Lamia said.

"Everyone still cares about you, girl," Takecia said.

Galina clears her throat.

"If you don't mind me asking but what happened? I've heard what Joshua told the family but I want to hear it from you," Galina said as their food and drinks arrived at the table.

Lamia waits until the waiter leaves to start telling her story.

"Well, I found out I was pregnant and that sent my parents over the edge. They felt like I had brought shame to our family, so to save their reputation," Lamia paused to keep herself from crying.

"It's okay, take your time," Trinity said.

"You don't have to talk about it if it's too much for you," Takecia said.

Lamia waved them off.

"No, it's okay. So to save their reputation, they set up an arranged marriage and forced me to marry this rich businessman, who was nearly fourteen years old than me. He agreed to marry me because he had seen me around and had madly fallen in love with me because I reminded him of his first wife who died several years back," Lamia continued.

"Oh my God," Galina said.

"That's disgusting," Almia said.

"Yeah, so we got married and before I could even think about coming to Joe for help or anything, I was on a plane to London. I tried to run away but I was in a foreign country where I didn't know anyone so I stayed. We lived in London and Samoa for a couple of years, he wasn't a bad husband until the kids got older and he felt like I wasn't showing him the proper attention as a wife should. At first, it was small actions like locking me in the bedroom as punishment but when he saw that didn't work...He turned violent, which went on until his death," Lamia told the ladies.

"I'm so sorry you had to experience that," Takecia said.

"I hate to say it but I'm glad the man is dead," Galina said.

The ladies agreed with her statement.

"You've been through a lot, but you made it out with your beautiful children, and you get a chance to live life the way you truly deserve to," Trinity said.

"I've been through so much in my life but I'm happy you know, not everyone gets to have this type of second chance in life," Lamia said.

"That's a great mindset to have," Almia said.