01

"Please I-I don't want to die-"

"Silence!"

My mouth was sealed shut immediately and my lips ran dry as if I was left out in the desert.

My body trembled in fear as I stared at the woman standing in front of me.

She seemed to be around her late 50s and yet she had me feeling as if I'll piss myself out of fear.

Her grey-brown hair strands were styled in a silk low ponytail. Her figure was snatched for her age and she wore a blood-red dress that hugged her curves.

"What's your name girl?" she questions as her dark brown eyes searched my soul.

"Esmeray," I stuttered out.

She raised one of her perfectly shaped brow and I looked at my feet.

"Esmeray Kenza Pierce," I stated my full name as the words tremble off my cracked lips.

"Age?" she asked and I wet my lips by swapping my tongue over it.

"Twenty-five," I squeaked and the clicking of heels were heard on the cold hard tiles.

She was walking towards me.

"Get up," she said and I immediately rose from the ground in fear that I would fall due to my shaky legs.

I stumbled a bit but quickly balanced on my feet. My sweaty palms ran over my old wrinkly waitress uniform that had ketchup stains from previous accidents at work.

I looked at the woman standing in front of me but quickly looked away when her hard stare met mine.

Her eyes were cold and her aura was tempted with darkness. I felt her cold dark eyes run over my body as she inspects me.

"Are those eye contacts?"

"No ma'am," I spoke quickly.

I get asked or complimented about wearing eye contact all the time.

With my dark melanin skin, most people guessed that my eye color would be as dark as my skin tone. But no, I had grey-brown eyes that had strikes of yellow and green.

"She's beautiful is she not?" she questions.

"Yes," her followers answered within seconds.

I looked up once more and my pale eyes went to the men standing around us in black suits.

"Look at me dear,"

My eyes followed her voice until I was staring back at the woman standing in front of me.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"