11

"That means penthouse, right?" I asked and he nod

Was I making it too obvious that this was all new to me?

"Oh," I said and he stepped back into the elevator. He leans back and sighs.

I looked at him and something flashed in his eyes when the elevator starts moving.

I guess everyone has their weakness and fears.

I looked away and after a while, the elevator stop. He swiped a card and the door opened.

He was about to walk in first and I placed my hand in front of him.

"Ladies first Steele. Try it sometimes," I said before walking in before him.

I turned to look at him and he was smirking. The devilish smirk disappeared once he walked in.

"I'm gonna leave you here," he said and I watched as he removed his jacket.

Isn't he afraid that I'll try to escape?

"If you're thinking about escaping, you won't even be able to get into the elevator or staircase. Save yourself the energy," he said and I folded my arms.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna get my dick wet," he said and I stopped walking.

"Oh," I said and he stopped to look at me.

"I'm kidding, little bird, I have work," he said

"I don't care whether it's true or not Steele," I said and he looked into my eyes.

I didn't care

We were married but we weren't in love

Plus, I hate him.

"You're wasting my time, talking," he said before walking away.

"How can you just leave, you just got here," I said while following him.

I didn't want to be left alone here.

"I lost twenty million in a deal just because your ass didn't want to eat and I had to come back," he said and my eyes widened.

Twenty million?

"Money is time and time is money Esmeray," he said

"I don't get it,"

"Sure you don't, you've been broke all your life," he said and I stopped at the room door as he entered through it.

"Asshole,"

"You know it's true," he said and I glared at the back of his head.

"You know you didn't have to come back because of me and you didn't have to bring me here," I said and he looked at me.