13

"No,"

"No,"

"No, please,"

I was woken by Esmeray's constant twisting, turning, and crying. I shook her awake and her eyes shot open.

I stared at her weirdly and she covers her face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked

"Bad dream," she whispered before removing her hands from her face.

"I'm sorry," she said before getting up. She walked to the balcony and exited.

I sighed before looking at the time.

1:24 a.m.

I got up and grabbed my weed and a pack of brown rizzler from my nightstand. I got up and walked to the balcony.

She was crying

I closed the door and she looked up at me through teary eyes. I sat down on the other chair and began rolling my blunt.

After a while, she stopped crying as she hugged her body.

"What was the dream about?" I asked before lighting my joint.

"It was a memory from my past," she whispered after a while.

I released the smoke through my lips and nose before speaking.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No," she whispered and I nod.

"Come here," I said and she looked at me.

"Now Esmeray," he said in a serious and possessive tone and I got up

I walked towards him and he took my wrist. He pulled me down into him and I yelped.

I tried moving away but he gave me a look that told me to sit down. I sighed before making myself comfortable.

I rested my head on his chest as he smokes. I listened to his heartbeat and looked through the glass railing and down at the busy city.