08

I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked out

I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked out. The room was empty when I exit the bathroom. I moved to the closet as the door was left ajar.

I pulled on a pair of black boxers, dark blue sweatpants, and a matching robe. I left the robe open as usual and exit the room in search of Esmeray.

Did she try running again?

I probably scared her * smirk

I was making my way to the main door when I heard voices in the living room.

"I had one of these when I was smaller. I love it so much but I lost it," Esmeray said while holding Hailey's stuffed toy.

"How did you lose it?" Hailey asked

"I grew up in an orphanage and this boy, he hated me for some reason. He said I didn't deserve happiness and since Dorby was my only happiness, he took it. He tore it apart in front of me then threw it away bin," Esmeray said as I stood at the door.

"Did you cry?" Hailey asked and Esmeray nodded.

"I felt like my heart was being ripped apart. I was so sad and broken for months," she said and Hailey got up.

She gave Esmeray a hug and Esmeray smiled.

"I'm sorry Auntie,"

Auntie?

Hailey has never interacted with anyone other than Aaliyah, Amelia, Kade, Raphael, and me.

They pulled away and Hailey looked up at me.

"Uncle Steele," she said before running towards me. I picked her up and she hugged me.

"Hey, my little monster," I said and she laughed.

"Hey," she said and I walked into the room.

"Your wife is nice," she whispered into my ear and I smiled.

"You think so," I asked and she nods.

Axel walked in and I placed her down. She runs over to her father and he picked her up.

"Hey monkey, shouldn't you be asleep? You have school tomorrow," Axel said

"Five more minutes," she said and he looked at me. I shrugged and he placed her down.

I guessed she really liked Esmeray,

"Five," Axel said and Hailey ran over to Esmeray.

After five minutes, Axel brought his daughter to bed. I looked at Esmeray and she looked at me.

She looked away and I smirked. She quickly got up and grabbed her arm before she could escape me.

I pulled her into my body and she closed her eyes, her body freezing.

"Steele," she whispered.

"Little bird," I cooed out.