Ch. 15.3 - Build Club

[Jesse's POV]

The guards opened a large door, which made a loud shrieking sound, before telling us to go through. The room we walked into had this luxurious feel to it. There were giant windows that looked more like openings in the wall, allowing you to walk through and get to the ledge of the island. The windows showed off the sky outside, which had now started to set.

There was a random minecart track on the left side of the room, and there was a giant throne made out of gold in the middle. The Founder was already sitting there, with the Blaze Rods standing beside it.

Reginald, who acted as some kind of captain of the guards, brought us in front of the Founder once again. Like just standing here uncomfortably in handcuffs wasn't enough, we also had to watch the Founder seemingly reward the jerks that caused this mess right in front of us as well.

Founder: "For your service to Sky City, I grant you these gifts." The Founder gave a signal to a nearby guard, and he responded by activating a lever on the floor. A wall to the left of us opened, and a number of minecarts came driving in. While I'm trying to stay cool in this situation, Ivor nudges my shoulder.

Ivor: "(There, see? That minecart she summoned. It must lead to the Eversource!)"

Lukas: "(Really!? That's what you're focusing on?)" Lukas bursts into the conversation. "(I'd say we have bigger problems on our hands. Like Aiden! Look at him, friendly with the Founder. That's bad news!)"

Ivor: "(Hey! Think about why we came here! Plus, if we get this Eversource, we might actually have the resources to fight back!)" I shake my head.

Jesse: "Sorry, Ivor, but Lukas is right. We don't even know what the Eversource actually is or what it does. The best bet right now is to deal with Aiden first!)"

Reginald: "Stay silent! The Founder didn't permit you three to speak!" The guard shut us up before we could continue talking. Meanwhile, another guard picked up the items in the cart and handed them over to the Blaze Rods.

Founder: "Take your reward and enjoy the bounty of Sky City's generosity." Initially expecting something cool or valuable, the Blaze Rods expectations were completely shattered when the guard just dropped some carrots onto their hands. I couldn't help but silently laugh.

Maya: "C-Carrots!? Really?! You gotta be--" Aiden, desperately trying to keep his new ally, interrupts Maya.

Aiden: "W-We are honored, wonderful Founder!"

Founder: "Of course. Now go! I have criminals to deal with." The Founder signals the Blaze Rods to leave. While we watch them walk by, Aiden suddenly grabs my shoulder, making an evil grin as his giant head invades my personal space.

Aiden: "Good luck, Jesse. Hope you like being doomed. That Eversource is gonna be ours."

Jesse: "Can you get out of my face? Your breath smells." Aiden, clearly dissatisfied with my response, pushes me out of the way as he storms out of the room. I guess he still can't stand people getting under his skin. The way he acted in front of the Founder made me believe he somehow got better at manipulating, but I guess he can only go so far with that attitude of his.

Aiden: "Outta my way, Reggie!" Aiden shoves the head guard away as he goes out the door.

Reginald: "It's 'Reginald!'" The guard tries to yell back, but the door is already closed. Trying to ignore Aiden's disrespect, he walks over to the founder, trying to move things along. "Come on, criminals. Time to see the Founder." A guard pushed us closer to the Founder.