Ch. 16.3 - End of Sky City

[Petra's POV]

Ivor and Milo hop into the minecarts that were still stationed here when we first came here. I was about to climb in when I spotted Gill quickly approaching me from behind. But that threat is quickly put down when Ivor throws one of his potions at him, which hits his face, causing him to fall down headfirst.

Gill: "Oof!" I quickly took this chance to pull myself in.

Ivor: "Go go go!" Milo activates the powered rail, and we start moving back up, but not before Maya manages to grab my foot, trying to pull me back out.

Maya: "You're going to pay for what you did!"

Petra: "You little--!" I try to shake off Maya, who's now getting dragged along with us.

Milo: "Not on my watch!"

Maya: "...!" Milo climbs over to the last minecart, where I was, and proceeds to forcefully kick Maya off the cart, causing her to violently fall onto the tracks as we speed off.

Petra: "Huff... These people really like to hold grudges, huh? But thanks." Milo gives back an ok-sign. We soon reach the throne room once again. It was now turning windy, and a little bit of rain had started seeping through the open window here, but we didn't really pay attention to it. We hopped out of the carts.

Ivor: "Over here! I memorized the path through the palace to the town square!"

Milo: "Wait, hold on. We'll get spotted by the guards, though! Do you really think they'll listen to us?!"

Ivor: "Oh, they'll listen to us alright. We just need to find Reginald."

Petra: "Wait, who?"

Milo: "The head guard!? How's that going to help?!"

Ivor: "We're in a dire situation, alright?! I'll catch you up on everything later! Just trust me!" Ivor has always been a wild card. I still don't know if I should trust him or not. But before we could object, Ivor was already storming through the door.

Petra: "Hey! Wait, you Idiot!" We're forced to chase him through the palace.

Guard: "Hey! You three! You're not authorized to be here!" We're stopped by a guard midway through.

Ivor: "Oh, shut up! I don't care about your irrelevant laws; take us to the head guard!"

Guard: "Hey! First you trespass into the Founders Palace, and now you have the audacity to speak to me with that attitude!? Hey, wait a minute... You guys are supposed to be under arrest!" The guard immediately proceeds to draw his sword while calling for backup.

Milo: "(I told you this was a bad idea!)" Milo whispers into Ivor's ear.

Petra: "UGH! Listen here! We're not trying to cause trouble! The Blaze Rods have secured the Eversource, and Aiden pushed the Founder and my friends off the island! You've got to see the bigger threat here!"

Guard: "What?!" The guard looked genuinely shocked upon hearing that. "Well, I'm not sure what's going on here and if you're lying or not, but you're still criminals, and it's been made obvious before that you can't be trusted!" Ugh... I gave back an annoyed glare to Ivor. I guess we have to brute-force our way through after all.

I prepared to take on any backup this guard was going to call... but after a long pause, no one came to the scene. "Eh?" He called out again... but there was no response. The guard started to turn nervous, while Ivor just snickered silently. "What's going on? W-Why is no one responding?" A sudden scream from outside indirectly answered that question.