Ch. 15.1 - Into A New Dimension

[Jesse's POV]

The tension breaks, and the Blaze Rods suddenly charge towards us. As Petra intercepts Maya and Lukas intercepts Aiden, I dodge to the left just as Gill tries to swing his sword at me.

Having missed, Gill charges another attack at me, but this time I block it with my sword. As our swords get entangled, we fight to see who can push the other one back first. Fortunately, it didn't seem like Gill was an experienced fighter, so I was able to overpower him after a struggle and knock him to the ground. Just then, when I was about to disarm Gill, Aiden's sudden shout diverted my attention.

Aiden: "Stop being so persistent!"

Lukas: "...!" Lukas lets out a sharp scream as Aiden knocks him to the ground.

Jesse: "Lukas!" I look over to Aiden. "AAAAIDEN! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR ANTICS!" I couldn't care less about Gill anymore; this time, I lunged straight at Aiden. I approached Aiden and drew my sword to attack, intending to end it with one attack.

Then, just as I was about to reach him, my vision suddenly got engulfed in light. "What the-" It was so quick, I couldn't react to it. The next second, my body is suddenly flung backward, impacting the wall.

Aiden: "Hmm, this glowing thing would make for a good weapon too, and it's all thanks to you for bringing it to me, Jesse."

Ivor: "Jesse!" As I opened my eyes, the room had this bright blue tint to it, and there was a burning blue flame where I once stood. My body feels like it got burned. What the fuck just hit me!? Shit... everything hurts all of a sudden. That attack really got me...

Aiden: "Let's go!" And just like that, Aiden lunges for the portal, gesturing for Maya and Gill to follow through, before disappearing into the portal. Gill, who got up again, followed Aiden through the portal.

Maya: "See you later, Order of the Losers!" Maya, who saw no reason to continue engaging with Petra, bailed out and slipped away from Petra's grasp, disappearing into the portal as well.

Petra: "Get back here! Coward!" The fight unexpectedly draws to a close, and the blue tint starts disappearing as the blue flame slowly burns out, turning orange before getting put out by itself. "Shit! Ivor, why didn't you fight?!"

Ivor: "I can't just throw my potions everywhere I want! The splash would've hit you too!" Petra hits the wall in frustration.

Lukas: "Jesse! Are you okay!?" I couldn't move, so I was still slumped against the wall. Lukas hurried over to me and handed me one of the regen potions we brought. Ever since the Wither Storm fight, we have always made sure to bring some regen potions everywhere we go, so good thing for that.

Jesse: "Huff... you're not hurt?"

Lukas: "I just got kicked to the ground; don't worry about me." I drank the potion.

Jesse: "Damn, it still hurts a little, but I think I can recover soon enough."

Ivor: "We've got to follow them! If they get the Eversource, who knows what trouble they'll cause!"

Petra: "Ivor's right. That Enchanted Flint and Steel was scary, but who knows what might happen if Aiden gets his hands on that thing!" We nod to each other as Lukas helps me stand up.

Jesse: "Let's go!" Without wasting time, we run into the portal after Aiden.

-------------------------------------------

When I saw the other side of the portal, I didn't even get the chance to properly take it in, as I found myself falling down the moment I went through. "Ahhhhh!" Then, the next moment, I suddenly hit the ground and bump into Ivor. "Oof!"