Ch. 18.2 - First Blood

[Jesse's POV]

The air inside the building was much warmer compared to the cold night outside. We weren't sure what to expect from this mansion, but at least it was much more cozy inside, and there weren't any annoying zombies here. Still, we need to be cautious, plus, we have that creepy figure I saw in the window we still haven't met yet. Being as silent as possible, we climbed through the window.

The room we entered looked like a kitchen. There were furnaces on one side of the wall and a big table in the middle, which I assume is a dining table. On another side of the room, we saw a few double chests, along with item frames that contained various food items on them. On top of that, there was also a painting beside it of a creeper in an apron and a chef hat? Well, it's definitely a kitchen, alright.

Jesse: "Wow. Some kitchen..."

Lukas: "At least it's decorated nicely?"

Ivor: "Okay, but can we at least close or barricade the window? The cold breeze blowing inside is making me shiver!"

Petra: "Fine..." Using her wood blocks, she seals our entryway. As we started looking around, a distant voice alerted our senses before we could do anything else.

??? 1: "TorqueDawg, you know I don't care if you took it... just give it back!" Then, another voice responded. Judging from where it came from, it sounded like two people were arguing, presumably in the next room over. Our eyes were immediately glued to the only door leading out of this room.

??? 2: "And I'm telling you for the last time, I didn't take the stupid thing!" Then, to make matters worse... it sounded like footsteps coming closer?! We braced ourselves when the door suddenly flung open, and two guys entered the room.

??? 1: "I think we could avoid a lot of unpleasantness if--"

??? 2: "WHAT THE--?" The second guy, who noticed us first, pushed the other one out of the way to face us, clearly looking annoyed. He wore a sleeveless cyan shirt with black pants, red-gold shoes, and black sunglasses. He also had long, brown hair, a beard, and more of a muscular build, which made him look intimidating.

Jesse: "Uh... hi?"

??? 2: "Oh ha ha ha, very very funny. Show up super late; make us all sit and wonder what the heck is going on! This is your house, right? Cuz if it is, we've all been waiting for, like, hours! It's rude!"

Petra: "Woah, woah, woah! What's with the aggressive attitude!? We just got here!"

??? 1: "Now easy, TorqueDawg." The first guy tried to calm him down before he did anything else, but it didn't make the scene less awkward. "Uh... sorry." After shutting the door, the first guy stepped forward. He wore a white shirt with a black jacket and black pants with stripes on both sides. He also had a beard, red sunglasses, and black hair. "You're the host, right?"

Jesse: "Uh, no? What made you think this was my house?"

??? 1: "Wait, you're not the ones who send us these invitations?" The guy pulled out a book similar to the one we found in the graveyard.

Petra: "No, we also received one of these books." Petra showed them our invitation. "Now can you tell us what the heck is going on here!?"

??? 1: "Oh, darn!" The other guy crosses his arms. "Sorry for the language. That wasn't about you getting an invitation -- Just that I was hoping YOU could explain things."

Lukas: "Oh... great... So we're now stuck in this mansion in the middle of a sea of zombies, and no one knows who it belongs to or who even invited us here!?"