Ch. 16.1 - Inside the Palace

[Petra's POV]

Petra: "Hah?"

Milo: "Yes, you heard me right. I help you get into the palace, you help me steal the Eversource for my people."

Petra: "Wait, hold on a second. I thought the plan was just to break my friends out and stop Aiden; I don't remember anything about stealing the Eversource too?"

Milo: "Aw, really?" Milo looked disappointed at me. "I thought you, out of all people, would understand the most!"

Petra: "It's not that I don't understand. It's just that--"

Milo: "If you understand, then you certainly know why I'm doing this, right?" Milo interrupted me. "Petra, the whole point of this club is to experience the freedom that the Founder and her dictatorship suppressed, and as a first step to that, I want the Eversource to be freed from her clutches. I want everyone to have the right to have access to those materials the Founder is keeping from us! Don't you support our desire for freedom?"

Petra: "Well..." I pondered a bit as Milo and everyone else started to stare at me. It's not like I was against what they wanted. My main goal right now is to get revenge on Aiden, so I didn't want to get myself involved in any more conflicts.

But then again, I'm already wanted by her guards, so am I not already on the opposing side of the Founder? I sighed before making my final decision. "Fine... I guess I'll help you." As soon as I said that, everyone began cheering. "But breaking out my friends has priority! Got it?"

Milo: "This is an acceptable, noble, arrangement."

Petra: "Good." I nodded back.

Milo: "Now. As for how to get INTO the palace... According to my informants, the Founder keeps the Eversource behind a secret door located in her throne room. Every night the Founder leaves guards at every door... but there's a single window at the back of the palace that is left unguarded."

Petra: "Wow. That's oddly convenient..."

Milo: "Well, we have been preparing for a moment like this. We just happened to find a loophole in her security."

Petra: "Okay, so we're breaking in there?"

Milo: "Yeah, well, there's one problem. It is far too high."

Petra: "Um, does that matter?"

Milo: "Uh, do you have a solution to this?"

Petra: "Can't you just craft some ladders to climb up there?" Everyone looked at me confusedly when I said the word 'ladder'. Don't tell me... they really don't know what a ladder is?

Milo: "I don't know what you're referring to, but if you could show us how to craft something that would reach the window... we can get this heist underway!" I did the biggest facepalm I've done yet. Wow, this civilization is underdeveloped. Oh well, if they can help me at the end of the day, I guess that's what matters.

Petra: "Do you have any sticks?"

Milo: "Uh, yes, but these are the only ones left, so please put them to good use." Milo gave me a few dozen sticks. I used a crafting table near the stage to craft them into the ladders I mentioned earlier. As soon as I lifted the finished products up, everyone started staring at them, amazed again, like I had just created the next biggest invention.

"Yes. Of course. It seems so simple now!" "Hooray!" "Amazing!"

Petra: "Wow... you people really get bewildered by the simplest things ever." Milo walked up to me once again.