Ch. 19.1 - In The Dining Hall

[Ivor's POV]

Ivor: "Excuse me, you're Stacy and... SturdyCat, right?"

Stampy: "Um... sorry, it's StampyCat."

Ivor: "Yes, yes. I knew that."

Stacy: "Uh, hey... what was your name again?" I facepalm.

Ivor: "Ivor?"

Stacy: "Right, I remember now. So, Ivor, what's up?"

Ivor: "Nothing. Just wanted to see what you two were doing away from everyone." Stacy and Stampy looked at each other.

Stacy: "We were just talking about minor stuff..."

Ivor: "Mmm-hmm... what kind of 'stuff'? C'mon, enlighten me."

Stampy: "Uh... we were..." Stampy glances at the cake sitting on the table. "We were just talking about how delicious that cake smells!" Stampy breathes in loudly to prove his point. "Mmm... now I want a bite..."

Ivor: "Yeah... I wouldn't eat that if I were you. It might have been poisoned."

Stampy: "Eh?" Stampy looks at me confused. I shake my head.

Ivor: "Okay, how about we stop beating around the bush here, alright? It's obvious you two are hiding things from me." Stacy stares back at me.

Stacy: "What? No, we aren't!"

Ivor: "Look, I'm not trying to accuse you or anything, alright? I'm just here to get some information."

Stacy: "Oh, yeah? And what are you gonna do with that information?" I roll my eyes.

Ivor: "I get why you might be paranoid of everyone, but in case you haven't noticed, someone in this mansion wants to kill us. I'm just trying to find out who this individual is before more people potentially end up dead. That's what you're trying to figure out too, right? So how about we set aside everything and cooperate for once, okay?" Stacy and Stampy exchange glances once more.

Stampy: "*sigh* Fine... we ARE skeptical of everyone else; that's why we're keeping our distance from them. It's just that... someone here might be behind TorqueDawg's death! We're just scared for our own safety!"

Ivor: "Yes, I understand. So... will you cooperate? It'll just be a few questions." Stacy hung her head low, looking deeply in thought before answering.

Stacy: "Fine... I guess I don't have a reason to suspect you either." I nod.

Stampy: "Well, what are the questions?" I glanced at the other groups for a second.

Ivor: "Putting everything aside, can you think of anyone that might want... something bad to happen to TorqueDawg?"

Stampy: "Um, well. I never had that big of a problem with him, personally... But I know other people did? Quite a few actually." Stampy glanced around for a second, making sure no one else was listening in. "I don't know if you noticed, but... he was a bit of a griefer."

Stacy: "Yeah... and a thief too!"

Ivor: "A thief, huh? Could you elaborate on that?"

Stacy: "I don't know if you know yet, but... he once broke into Lizzie's house and stole a bunch of stuff from her. She was super upset about it."

Ivor: "You don't say... and you wouldn't think Lizzie might resort to killing to get her things back, right?"

Stampy: "Well... I don't think so."

Ivor: "You don't think so, or you're in denial?" Stampy looked away.

Stacy: "I don't want to believe it either... but Lizzie has sort of been the person to hold grudges more than anyone else. But I've known her for so long... It's just... hard to think she might be behind it."