Ch. 16.2 - The Eversource

[Jesse's POV]

Milo: "If I recall correctly, the founder's secret entrance is supposed to be somewhere in this throne room..."

Lukas: "Hmm... could you be talking about that thing?" Lukas points to the nearby wall, the same one with the minecart tracks that the Founder opened a while back to bring in those carrots for the Blaze Rods.

Jesse: "Oh, yeah, I remember!" We walk over to investigate that wall closer. Last time, the wall was opened up by a lever, but for some reason, that lever was nowhere to be found.

Lukas: "That's... odd? The redstone circuit to open the door is still there, but the lever is gone..."

Ivor: "Huh... this place has better security than I expected..."

Jesse: "Forget where the lever went; if the circuit is still here, we can just craft another one!"

Milo: "Crafting! I like your thinking!"

Lukas: "Okay... but where are we gonna get cobblestone and sticks?" I pondered for a bit, trying to think of answers.

Jesse: "Hm... what would Olivia say right now...? Probably something like: 'Jesse, it looks like it doesn't have any power!' and then going on a long rant detailing everything up to the pixel, probably." I snickered at my comment, thinking no one would laugh, so I was genuinely surprised when I heard Lukas silently chuckle.

Lukas: "You're quite funny, you know that?"

Jesse: "Huh?" I look away, embarrassed. "W-Well, I was just trying to crack a half-baked joke, that's all!" Lukas smiled at me as I looked back, flustered.

Petra: "Uh, can we move on? The acoustics are funky in this place, so it's hard to tell when people are coming... we shouldn't hang around here so carelessly!"

Jesse: "S-Sorry! I'm trying to remember as hard as I can!"

Petra: "*sigh* I'm gonna guard the door while we're still here. Just do this quickly, okay?" I nod back as Petra walks over to the door leading out of the throne room, while the rest of us are still in front of the secret door trying to think of solutions.

Milo: "Well, cobblestone is one of the more obtainable materials here in Sky City. I heard the Founder had some kind of generator that was able to mass-produce a lot of cobblestone. The only question is, where is it?" A memory suddenly pops into my mind as he says that.

Jesse: "Wait! That's it!" If I remember correctly, when I talked to the Founder on that small island behind the throne, I think I remember a generator being there! "Hold on, I need to check something; I'll be right back!" I ran back to that small garden behind the throne. Peeking out of the large opening, I immediately spotted the generator.

Milo: "Wow! So this was the original island?"

Jesse: "Gah!" I jump when Milo suddenly appears behind me. "I didn't say you had to follow me!"

Milo: "Well, you didn't say I couldn't..."

Jesse: "Fair enough..." I walk through the garden while Milo tags along.

Milo: "Did you know? The ground you're standing on is actually the original island that all of Sky City started from. And that tree dropped the saplings that grew into every tree on the island." Milo pointed to the large tree beside us.

Jesse: "Huh... so that's why this garden exists..."

Milo: "I may not agree with the Founder's methods, but even I must admit that's an impressive feat!"