Ch. 14.1 - Order Up!

[One Month Later - Somewhere Deep in a Jungle - Jesse's POV]

As I staggered out of the bush, the noise I made caused a few ocelots nearby to sprint away. I mentally scolded myself. Damn it, Jesse! If you keep stomping so loud, you'll wake up the entire biome! I chuckled at my own mistake as I continued walking further towards my destination. I pull out the map again to make sure I'm still on the right path.

If I went the right way, then it should be right in front of me, right? My expectations were fulfilled as I moved some vines out of my way to reveal the view of an old temple a few dozen blocks away from where I am. But the moment is cut short, as the temple wasn't the only thing I found; between me and the temple were a few dozen mobs blocking my path. I duck back behind one of the nearby trees.

Well, it was nighttime; what did I expect? Guess it's time to test out that new weapon Ivor gave me. Since the super weapon I used against the Wither Storm had the power of the Command Block itself, destroying the Wither Storm caused it to get destroyed as well. So I had Ivor create a new diamond sword for me. It doesn't look as cool as the super weapon, but the enchantment in it is what pays off.

I pull out the enchantment diamond sword and, after a short pause, run out from behind the tree, charging at the crowd of mobs. With a powerful swing, I slice through the first three zombies in front of me. As I get in position to finish them off, the zombies suddenly turn to dust and disappear, even though I've only hit them once. What kind of enchantments did Ivor put in this?!

Oh well, it makes my job easier if I can just one-shot them, so no reason to complain! I charge at the next set of zombies and annihilate them in the same way. With no effort, I mow down the next pair of zombies. Wow, it feels so weird to just be able to do that. I feel like I'm turning to OP for my own good. Is that a good thing? My train of thought is interrupted as I hear skeletons straightening their bows behind me.

Petra: "Look out!" Petra suddenly merges out from the top of a nearby tree and jumps down, making a war cry with her own enchanted golden sword. She crashed into the first skeleton, destroying it, before charging at the second one, ramming into it and causing it to fly towards me. The now-flying projectile catches me off guard for a second, with me barely having time to slash it to bits before it hits me.

Jesse: "God damn it! You should've warned me beforehand that you'd hurl a mob towards me!"

Petra: "Oh, c'mon on! We're in the middle of a fight; you have to be prepared and need to act quickly when something attacks unexpectedly!"

Jesse: "I know, I know, I'm trying to get used to it, but a gesture would've been nice!" Petra shakes her head, disappointed.

Axel: "Hey, guys! Check this out!" We turn our heads to see Axel approaching us, carrying two zombies. "Aaaand 3, 2, 1... POP!" The zombies that were stuck between his armpits suddenly burst, causing body parts to fly everywhere. "Haha! Pretty cool, right?" Axel stands there proudly with his armor now soaked in green, dried zombie blood.

Petra: "Note to self: Never let myself be hugged by Axel again..."

Jesse: "Agreed."

Axel: "Oh, don't be like that; you can try it too if you-"

Jesse: "Axel, duck!" A zombie started sneaking up behind Axel, so I had to run over before it could reach him.

Axel: "Duck? Where???" Axel started looking around, confused. My warning didn't work, so I had to push him out of the way as I charged at the zombie, causing it to crash into a tree trunk. "Oooohhhh, THAT kind of duck!" Axel chuckles while I facepalm. "Dude! You're getting pretty good at this!" I hesitantly hi-five.