Chapter 6

They approached a dark red door and it immediately opened. They walked into a room like Sergant Silas's, but bigger, with more people at computers, and it had another room to the left of the giant screen.

The Sergeant Major was currently talking to some commanders around a map but when my person and the Sergeant walked in they looked up and the Sergeant Major walked over.

"Is this the soldier that identified the threat?" He asked

"Yes Sir, the cadet eliminated the grunt and this soldier controlled the situation in an effective manner and warned us of other possible threats." he stated.

"Step forward soldier." My person stepped forward.

"Now you are going to tell me everything that happened, clearly, and then you are going to help us track down the others."

The screen went up and down as he nodded, "Understood sir."

He gestures for him to start and My person who I'm watching explained to them how I had heard a faint noise and found the grunt trying to set off the bomb.

He told them how the I killed it and that He took over and knew there would be more because grunts never traveled alone.

As He finished, the Sergeant Major stood there thinking. "Well done Soldier, what's your status?"

"Green sir." he answered.

"We will reward you later but there are more pressing matters at hand. There are most definitely more grunts with bombs somewhere in the facility and we need to find them. They have most likely brought a large bomb so we need to find it first." he said

"Lead a team of my marines to search likely places. You have to hurry, they may have already primed them."

"Understood sir." He said. The Sergeant Major waved a group of 15 soldiers to go with him and they took off down the hall.

"Where is the nearest access point?" My person asked a young soldier to his right.

"Downstairs and to the left." The soldier answered.

"Ok, that's where we are headed, watch out for covenant." He said.

They lifted their rifles and loaded them. He grabbed one from a rack they passed. They ran down two flights of stairs and headed to their left through the gray metal hallway, slowing as they neared the access point.

They had an experienced looking soldier go in front of them to scout around the corner. He slowly looked around the corner and then drew back.

"This is worse than we thought," he whispered. "There are a group of grunts and an elite carrying a huge bomb inside, the size of a coffin."

Oh no! I thought. Those bombs could destroy entire ships the size of the Pillar of Autumn and bigger. And there was an Elite.

"What's your plan?" My person asked.

"I'm thinking that we spread out across the room, and when I give the signal, take them by surprise, killing all of the grunts first and taking out the Elite's shield. Then we'll take out the elite and disarm the bomb." he whispered.

"Everyone agree?" My person asked, they nodded.

"Then move out." He said and they went in from the hallways and spread across the round room. There was a big hangar door at one end where it dropped off after the opening.

There was a hallway-like passage with many openings circling the room and a few crates of things along the inside of the room. The soldiers snuck through the hallway-like passage.