Chapter 33

11K! Thank you all for your continued support and comments, (tip: more comments=faster update.) Hope you like the new cover and feel free to email me any questions, comments, or fanart at spartansteele118@gmail.com. If you do send me any art I will make sure to incorporate it into the book no matter what(unless it's inappropriate).

We walked forward carefully. My eyes could see exceptionally well but as we moved on it got darker and darker. I looked around and pointed my rifle's light to the sides of the tunnel, keeping an eye on the footprints in the dirt.

Selina stood behind me, turning around and backing up as she swept the area every few seconds.

She turned back from another sweep as the tunnel changed to metal. "What are they doing down here?" she asked, coming up beside me. I looked at the increasing light, "I don't know, but we will find out soon. I have to contact Kade and Scott, we might need a quick escape route."

I turned on my comm for Kade and Scott. "Kade, Scott, status."

There was a pause and Kade replied, "I found their compound, I'm not too far from your location but I can't see you." Another voice joined in, "I'm here too, the prisoner is secured and I brought the pelican, just in case you need a little firepower."

I rolled my eyes, "Or an escape route Scott."

Scott grumbled "That too."

I smiled. "Kade, I'm in an underground tunnel, coming up on a doorway. You two, track our location and be prepared to leave." I commanded. Their acknowledgement lights flashed.

I slowed as Selina and I came up on a automated metal door. "Be ready for anything but don't fire unless necessary." I told her. She nodded. I looked at my motion tracker, There were three targets on it. Where are the rest?

I moved forward, standing in front of the door. I waved my hand to signal Selina to proceed. She moved up and leaned against the wall, using a panel in her arm to disable the lock. There was a click and the lock turned green. I looked down my assault rifle, prepared to fire.

The door slid open soundlessly and I rushed in, scanning the area, and then slowly lowered my rifle. Selina began to follow me but I signaled her to stop. She slid back around the door but it remained open. Slowly I put my gun on my back.

Around me were automated turrets, and all had targeted me as soon as I stepped inside. They charged up but did not fire... yet. The three contacts I saw on my motion tracker were two of the mysterious soldiers. The third was Henderson.

At the sound of the door opening and the turrets, he turned around, noticing me in the entrance. Behind him was a large spaceship in a silo for takeoff. It looked similar to the shuttles they used to use a long time ago but larger, taller, and more advanced. With me trapped I could only imagine that beneath Henderson's helmet he was pleasantly surprised.

"Well, well, well, what a surprise." Knew it

He waved the second person off. "Well, I can't say it was a complete surprise, but so soon? And alone? How foolishly noble and predictable."

"Where is Kyle?" I demanded.

"Wouldn't you like to know? All in good time. As of now, unfortunately I have a schedule to keep. We'll be boarding a ship outside Atrius atmosphere... but that information wont be of much use to you. In about five minutes I believe there is going to be a glassing of the nearby city Alkaid. What an ironic name. Star." he said, testing the word and shrugging. "Too bad. You will almost definitely be ordered to help...if you can escape the turrets alive." He said, walking towards the ship behind him.