Kyle 324

Intro:
I'm cadet Kyle 324, I live on the Infinity and both of my parents were in the military. Sadly, they both died in a car crash after retiring a few years after I was born. I was put in Foster Care until the age of 10, and then enlisted in the Infinity's Advanced Military Youth Corps, AMY Core for short.

I am 12 years old, 5 ft, and the smartest one in my squad. I am a red-head and have green eyes. I accidentally cut my nose with a knife while trying to cut my hair myself once so there is a scar cutting diagonally across the right side of my nose.

Currently I am in class and the bell is about to ring for my squad to go on to training. Today we are playing a Free-for-All, Last one standing wins. Of course it's with paintballs.

Kyle's POV
I'm supposed to be paying attention to the teacher at the front of the class who is talking about weapon types but my eyes aren't on the teacher.

They're on the clock. In just a few more seconds the bell will ring and we can go on to playing our Free-for-All training game. I can get more combat training in, and this time I wanted to try to do some more advanced stuff that will at least mimic real firefights.

I tapped my foot, counting down the seconds. Just a few more...

Riiinng!

I bolted out the door, anxious to get to the training room. My favorite part about these training exercises isn't that they are Free-for-Alls, it's that we are doing it in Zero-G. So if we ever get off-ship and have to fight in space(which happens more often than you think) we will be prepared.

I darted through the metal hallways, weaving around people until I reached a large door. The door automatically opened and I scoot inside, going down a short hallway and turning right into the boy's locker rooms.

I start putting on my gear, half-way done before the others arrive. I strapped my chest-piece on, put on my Helmet, and walked into the training room.

The room is huge, bigger than four average-sized houses put together. It is currently empty, but the room itself can change to become any scenario.

I walked through it to the cryo-tubes as directed by the teacher, they have us go in cryo-sleep for the set-up of the game. It will give us practice for slip space journeys and keeps us from seeing how they set the game up, for security reasons.

I laid back in my cryo-tube and waited for the others to get there.

I have always tried to do my best, in hopes of becoming a Spartan, like a real-ish one. I want to get my augmentations at 16 too, to be more like the early Spartans.

I've always wanted to meet Master Chief, the last Spartan II known left. He's been my role model since I was little, all the stuff he does seems impossible but he never fails. And he's saved Humanity a bunch of times, from the Halo's, the Flood, the covenant.

I was taken out of my thoughts by a knock to my cryo-tube. I smiled and knocked back, this was me and my friend Slash 580's custom before going into cryo. He is 2 inches shorter than me and has dark brown messy hair and brown eyes to match.

I let myself drift off as I slipped into cryo-sleep. As they set up the game, I had a really weird dream. It seemed like somehow a file had accidentally leaked into the system that can generate dreams during cryo. It was of a kid who looked about 14 but his face made him look 12. He had blond hair and blue eyes and was seriously ripped for a kid his age.

He started to shrink from view. Then my dream zoomed out from the facility he was in. Then the planet, orbiting a red dwarf and a sun, that he was on.

It continued zooming out until his solar system shrunk from view and many stars past by. It finally slowed down, coming to the Infinity and the planet it was orbiting. It zoomed in on the Infinity and the training room until I could see my self, sleeping in cryo.