Spartans

Kyle's POV

I woke up when something poked me in my helmet. I groaned and opened my eyes. Through the blurriness I could see green foliage and the back right side of the pelican I had been on.

I was laying on my side, my arm at an uncomfortable angle under me, and my helmet visor had a thin crack running through my shield-charge bar before branching out in two places through my grenade count.

I heard a click as a weapon was put back in place and someone crouched down. Their left leg and arm coming in view. "Are you okay soldier?" An urgent voice asked. I groaned again in reply and slowly dragged my arm from out of under me.

The person quickly helped me up to a sitting position and I shook my head to clear it. I looked up to see who had helped me. It was a soldier in standard armor and a helmet with a short visor that didn't cover the entire face. "You okay to go?" He asked

"Yes," he helped me up, "Thanks for helping me." I said. "It would not have been nice to have woken up to a plasma in the back. Not exactly my ideal wake-up call." "No problem, Come with me, First mate Lasky is over there with some Spartans." He said.

Spartan huh, that will be some real help. I nodded and we headed over. It was a couple hundred yards before we reached the area where Lasky was. The door opened and the Spartans came out, clearing the area.

After securing the area they gestured for us to go inside. The silent type then I thought as I walked inside. There was a field engineer in the corner trying to get a radio working. Seeing everyone had something to do, I sat on a pipe and did an inventory check.

I had lost a grenade, my pistol, and my helmet was cracked. Great. I looked around. There must be extras around here. I looked up and saw an ammo pack. There were extra grenades. I grabbed two and put them in my grenade pack.

There was also an extra helmet. I picked it up, I hope it isn't used. I looked inside just to be sure...phew, nothing inside. I took of my cracked one and put it on. Same set up, it just didn't cover my entire face.

Suddenly the Spartans got into action, The door opened and I got up. I wonder who's here now? They stepped out, revealing the one and only, Master Chief. My mouth almost dropped, it's him, he's really back!

Sarah went up to him and said, "I thought you'd be taller." and smirked slightly. Then Lasky went up to him and talked to him. I stood up and tried to keep my cool. I can't believe it is actually him. Since He's here to help us we will be almost unstoppable.

Suddenly the guy working on the radio said, "Commander, radio's hot."
They walked over to him Lasky knelt down.

Captain Del Rio could be heard saying,"...respond to com.... On what frequency? What frequency dammit!?" Lasky replied saying, "Infinity, this is Commander Lasky. Pelican recon teams are down. Repeat. All birds are down. We've got numerous casualties and require immediate assistance. Over."

"Finally... Did you get the coordinates to that gravity well?" Del Rio asked. Lasky closed his eyes in exasperation and replied, "Affirmative Sir. But we're going to need a bus out of here-" "Make it happen-" the captain interrupted. I for one was shocked. He didn't even care about the wounded. Lasky sighed again and looked down at the radio. A new voice started speaking, startling me. I totally forgot about Cortana, Master Chief's AI. I hadn't heard her speak before. In fact, I still haven't heard Master Chief speak.