Chapter 21

I am announcing the remaking of  chapters 2, 3, and possibly 4, 5 and 6 due to the amount of lost reads and frankly, even i think they are a bit boring so I'm rewriting them. It might take a while so don't expect anything right away. <- finished. Here's the long awaited chapter. Don't forget to Vote and comment Spartans!

I quietly cursed under my breath and turned around, heading towards the door. How does she do that? I exited the room and walked back towards my quarters. Won't anyone tell me what's going on?  I sat on the bed, thinking. Ugh!! This is so frustrating. I took a deep breath, calm down Kyle. I got up and headed to where they would fit me and walked up to who seemed to be the main person in charge. "Hello, I'm here to have my armor sized."

"Ah yes, Spartan Kyle, if you will just step over here and hold you arms straight out and legs apart." She pointed to a small platform. I got on and there was a buzzing as she took my measurements. It stopped abruptly and she waved for me to get down. "All done, it should be ready in about ten to twenty minutes, you can wait for it at you quarters. It will be in the armory." I nodded, "Thanks." She smiled and I walked out, heading back to my quarters and sitting on the bed.

Having nothing to do, I peeked under my shirt again, the two pink scars prominent. Yep, those are going to stay for a long time. I poked one tentatively –and withdrew my hand quickly as it stung. There was a cough at the door and I looked up, standing up so fast I hit my head on the ledge to my bed. For a brief moment stars danced across my vision before I saw the guy watching me with... Amusement? I rubbed the back of my head and cleared my throat. "Um.. Hello." I said, embarrassed. The amusement was gone and he stepped forward and delivered a small chip and a Spartan armor under-suit to me. I had scarcely grabbed it and the undersuit before he was off, swift as lightning. I widened my eyes in surprise and resisted the urge to look after him, instead stepping towards my holographic computer and setting the under-suit on my bed. I put the chip in, and sat down.

A video message came on with an officer I didn't recognize. In a gravelly voice, he began. "This is Captain Del Rio. If you are receiving this that means you have been selected for a very important job. About a week ago we recieved a distress call from a remote planet on the very edge of known space called Atrius. They have detected possible plans for a covenant invasion of large scale and are not properly equipped to deal with it. You will be sent into slipspace for a year to answer that distress call with other Spartans. You're mission, eliminate hostiles at all costs. If you fail, your primary objective is to escort a high value subject off the planet at all costs. The information and identification of that subject has been withheld and will be made known when you arrive for reasons of classification. Be ready and in the docking bay at 1800 hours. Good luck Spartan. Del' Rio out." And the message ended.  Coordinates appeared on the screen and I stored them in the chip.

Well, that was interesting. He called me Spartan, but I haven't had my augmentations, I can't yet. Was this a mistake? Oh well, all I know is that I need to get my armor, now. I put on the heavy under-suit and headed to the armory. When I got there someone came up and put a hand up. "Only authorized personal are allowed in here." I sighed and took out the chip with Del' Rio's authorization on it and the guy stepped aside and let me pass. I ignored all of the things going on in the room and quickly spotted my armor at the end. I walked quickly to where they were making adjustments. "I am Spartan Kyle 324, I need that armor now. My pelican leaves in an hour."

The guy who was checking things on his tablet looked up and said, "Affirmative, only a few adjustments need to be made, you can still right there." He pointed to an elevated platform. I took a good look. It was backed up against the wall and was a large circle that cut off on the back where it hit the wall. The top mirrored the bottom with the circle part and had a large, vertical halo in the middle, which had places to put your hands and feet in for a computerized equipment of the armor. Mine was being done manually since it was the first time I was doing it, ensuring a tight fit and no miscalculations. There were arms mounted to the top circle as well and a contraption mounted to the floor as well for the application of the armor by the computer. There were a few scientists surrounding it, waiting for me to step up.