15 | Ring 💍

The shop glistened in the winter sun, all different sets of jewellery sparkled and hit Zoro's eyes with beams of light. He walked inside and every shelf was painted white, glass cages were everywhere, protecting the treasures beneath them. This was the first time Zoro had been in a jewellery store, but he knew that Sanji liked to wear simple necklaces from time to time.

"It hurts my eyes..." Yuki said, latching onto Zoro's arm tighter.

"That's okay, just close them for now." Zoro said as he started to look through the different glass boxes. He saw something shimmer brightly out of the corner of his eyes, Zoro walked over and laid eyes on the ring. It was silver with a blue sapphire gemstone in the middle. 

Zoro fell in love with the ring at first sight, it was exactly the same colour as Sanji's eyes. He knew it was the one. Zoro walked over to the counter and asked the woman to open the cabinet for him

"There you go, I would advise not touching it too much as it can rust the material very quickly," the woman said as Zoro reached out to pick it up. It glistened in the sunlight, just like Sanji's eyes.

"I'll take it." Zoro said.

"Hm? You made your decision that quickly?"

"Yeah, the colour reminds me of my lover's eyes,"

"She must be a lucky girl ey?" The woman said as she put the ring in a black box.

"He's... not a girl," Zoro said awkwardly.

I should have just agreed with her...

"Lucky guy then?" 

"Haha, yeah."

"There you go, your total comes to £1,669," she said, handing the box to Zoro. He pulled out his credit card and scanned it on the machine. He didn't care how expensive it was, it only mattered if it was right for Sanji.

"Thank you miss, have a good day." Zoro said as he left the shop. He walked outside to where Yuki stood since the light was hurting his eyes too much.

"Oh! What did you get?" Yuki asked. Zoro bent down and opened the box to show Yuki the ring. He gasped the moment he saw it.

"It's a ring for your dad, it means that we will love each other unconditionally." Zoro said, closing the box and putting it in his pocket.

"But can't you love each other unconditionally already without having a ring?" Yuki questioned.

"You can, but I love your father so much that I'm going to get the government involved so he can never leave," Zoro said. Yuki looked up at him weirdly as they started walking.

"What does that mean?"

"Don't worry, it's not important." Zoro said, remembering that Yuki was too young to understand most of the things he said.

"Are we going home now?" Yuki asked.

"Yep, did you have fun?" Zoro asked. Yuki smiled widely.

"I had lots of fun today!" Yuki said happily before skipping over to Zoro's car.

"That's good," Zoro said before opening the car door and stepping inside.

Zoro's phone suddenly started ringing, he didn't usually get calls, and this was a phone number he hadn't seen before.

"Hello, this is Roronoa Zoro speaking?"

"Hello, this is Gold Roger hospital speaking. I'm calling to inform you of an accident that happened at two o'clock this afternoon. Am I right in thinking you have ties to... Sanji Black?"

To be continued...