17 | Healing ❤️‍🩹

Sanji had gotten to a point where he could speak easily and he was able to walk around, the wounds did take a number on him. Zoro would sit at his bedside whenever he got the chance, he knew that Yuki was being looked after by Zeff, so that's a relief. Sanji was still bandaged from his ribs down to his left leg, it was going to take some more time to recover.

"Sanji?" Law, Sanji's doctor stepped into the room.

"Hey Law,"

"I have some good news." Law said as he sat next to Sanji, a clipboard in his hand. 

"Go ahead."

"You'll be allowed to leave the hospital tomorrow, though we are going to give you lots of support to use at home. You need to make sure that you are mostly sitting down when you are doing any sort of task, try to rest as much as you can." Law said. Sanji face lit up.

"Really? I can go?" 

"Yep, though I will call you back for some checkups from time to time." Law said, putting the clipboard on the table. 

"Alright, I'll make sure to pack up all my things before tomorrow," Sanji said.

"No. Don't worry about that, I have people on that already. Please promise me you won't tire yourself out too much?" Sanji nodded his head.

"I promise" 

"Alright, I need to go and do a checkup now, see you tomorrow."

"Bye Law!"

Law left and shut the door behind him, leaving Sanji alone to sleep.

I'm glad I can finally leave this sad place.

~

December 15th 2023

Zoro sighed as he flipped the calendar in Sanji's room. He honestly hated Christmas, there was too many lights and decorations, it was just too childish. Snow was already starting to fall outside the window, Zoro didn't mind that though. He was more focused on work at the moment, he was dying to figure who the hell hurt Sanji, and why. 

His phone rang in his pocket, he picked it up and answered it.

Zoro: Hello?

Sanji: Hey Zoro, it's me.

Zoro: Sanji?

Sanji: Yep.

Zoro: God, it's nice to hear your enchanting voice again.

Sanji: Calm down Prince Charming.

Zoro: Why are you calling?

Sanji: Law said I can leave the hospital tomorrow! Do you mind giving me a ride back?

Zoro: Yeah, obviously! It's nice to know you can leave now, Yuki told me he really misses you.

Sanji: Aww, I miss him too.

Zoro: so, how are you?

Sanji: I'm good, everything still kinda hurts though!

Zoro: Don't worry about cooking and stuff like that, I'll do all of it for you.

Sanji: I don't trust you, you don't strike me as the kind of person to be able to cook.

Zoro: ......

Zoro: Yeah.

Sanji: *sigh*, don't worry, I'll help you.

Zoro: okay! 

Sanji: speaking of food, what did you feed Yuki when my dad was at work?

Zoro: ...

Sanji: Zoro?

Zoro: ...

Sanji: what did you feed my son when I was in the hospital.

Zoro: ummmm...

Sanji: just give me the amount of fast food restaurants you guys went to.

Zoro: fifteen.

Sanji: I'm beating your ass when I get back.

Zoro: please don't 🥺

Sanji: *sigh* fine, but only vegetables for the next week, for Yuki AND you.

Zoro whined over the phone, making Sanji laugh.

Zoro: Someone from work is calling, I'll call you back later!

Sanji: okay, bye lover boy!

Zoro: the fuck.

Sanji had already hung up. Zoro answered the call he was getting from his co-worker. 

Zoro: Yes Brook?

Brook: Hey Zoro, I just wanted to call so I could say we found some footage on the cameras that were near where your partner was attacked.

To be continued...