Rules

When Porchay collapsed out of fear, it was early considering that he could now see the sun shining one last time before disappearing totally in the keeper of the light sky. The boy whined loudly, remembering suddenly and freezing at the idea that the other man might still be around. He got a taste of his consciousness back, felt his wet pants which disgusted him and realized that he was trapped by a rope on a chair. He looked around, it was the same place, stared longly, no man. Porchay bit his lips, he always did this when he was in a concerning situation, sometimes making his soft skin bleed. He needed, in a way, to physically feel the urgency by a pain to make his brain think faster. If he was honest, he would recognize that without physical and lacering pain, his courage might fade away.

Porchay moved a small amount, softly to not hurt his skin, and felt that the rope wasn't that tight. He smiled, this was good for him, but he got worried when he felt that he could just slide his arm out of the chair. It was suspicious. Someone just captured him but that someone or something, made it easy for Porchay to try escaping, and he was good at this. Either he had a plan, or he didn't know how to trap people, Porchay didn't care, standing out of the chair quickly and analyzing the place. There were four windows, in front of him and behind him. The boy thought that it would be better to not meet that man if he was going home after his activity. Going for the back of the house seemed to be the best option.

And he forgot his first mission : survive. Porchay wanted at first to get inside, get some food, or even some objects he would be able to sell. Most of the time, people had some in their house and they didn't know about the value. He had developed some knowledge and this was making his actions less awful to him. If they didn't know that they could have money from it, then they would not feel bad for not finding it anymore. He had the opportunity and yet, his nature took the lead. He wanted to just run, run out of fear, and run, without robbing anything. There were days when he wouldn't eat at all, he wouldn't because deep inside of him, he hated what he was doing and the only thing making him continue was "finding Porsche". He wouldn't let him down, but he felt like letting his own self down, lying, always lying, about what he was feeling. It couldn't be helped, the most outrageous situation would make a demon out of an angel.

Porchay opened the window. He didn't even look around, he just needed his way out. He began to climb on it and was about to just roll over when he realized that the window was too narrowed for his hands, in his back to go through it. He whined again, it hurt to push on his body like this, but he had no choice. Porchay tried a little more, getting stuck also a little more. He raised his head out of annoyance and met those eyes. The other boy was now seen by his eyes, some wood in his arm, he looked like coming from the forest to cut it. Porchay stared at the axe and gulped down. He looked even more terrifying now. The boy began to panic more, sweat falling from his face. He couldn't really go back inside, his body struggling to do clear movement and his soul thinking that he would end his life being cut in advance through this window by the ogre who would cook his flesh.

It never happened. And Porchay was back on the chair, following every move of the man who didn't talk at all when he pushed him back in the house and just carried him without any violence at his initial place. If that situation wasn't this surprising and weird, he would have been embarrassed, but now, he was more intrigued by this weird person, doing his little life in front of his trapped existence. It was getting a little tiring and decided to take a risk, communicating would be his last chance to survive, and knowing that he was always avoiding this part in his everydays, it felt totally new and thrilling to try.

"What are you going to do with me?" He simply asked, his voice trying to be as kindly as it could sound.

The boy stared at him. "You really talk."

"I do...." Porchay answered, feeling it even more suspicious. "What are you doing with me?" He tried again.

"I don't...know..." He said, sitting and his hair hiding a part of his face. He raised his head suddenly, looking at the wall and at some papers, before looking back at him. "This never happened before."

"You mean? Someone...coming like this?"

"Anyone coming...there is nothing written... nothing at all..." His expression was getting more panicked, maybe even more than Porchay's one. The trapped boy was confused, he couldn't understand how their role just switched just by some words. He looked more lost than himself now, but it gave him more confidence to win the advantage in this situation.

"Are you living alone?"

"Yes..."

"Great, no other enemies." Porchay thought inside, relieved. "And...what are those papers?"

"Rules. It's the rules."

"Rules...to live here?"

He just nodded, playing awkwardly with his hands.

"We don't need rules between us." Porchay tried.

"We need! We can't live out of rules! it is impossible!" The boy said, his voice losing control.

"Okay... okay...." Porchay said, his own heart scared of a sudden reaction this strange boy could have. "I have the rules..."

"Really?" He asked, his eyes full of hope. His expression more tender and his muscles not tense anymore. He looked like a child someone just gave chocolate to.

"Yes....first... we are both humans..." Porchay improvising. The boy nodded. "Which means that we are friends...and you need to free me from that chair."

"You won't...do anything...like the doe who tried to attack me one time... after this I never let any of them alive in that house..." He easily explained, as if he had no filter, as if it was just logical to say what happened.

"I promise."

At those words, he stood up urgently and walked to Porchay, freeing him easily. The boy felt relieved to be able to run if he wanted but this man was so out of the world, and he wanted to just understand what those rules were. Porchay naturally smiled softly at the boy who just stared, wondering, titlting his head at him, before saying : "I am Porchay, what is your name?"

The boy walked to the paper. Looked at it for some time before walkign back to Porchay and seeing in a stern and without any visible emotions face : "I am Kim. This is what is written on the rules."

Porchay looked at the paper, beginning to worry a small amount, What in this world those small piece of transformed woods were doing in this house?