The armour

Dry. Headache. Dry. Painful. Blurry. Muscles. He had muscles. Muscles to move. Eyes. He could open them, again, once again, another day, hell of a day…

Voices…voices…voices some voices were around. Around him. Close to him. People. Since when were there people around him? They might have moved him from his cell alone…

Eyes…eyes…CHAY!

His heart throbbed. His brain saw red. Chay here, man. Someone. CHAY!

Porsche began to shake from anger, he crawled in a fast and not predictable movement, pulling in Porchay’s arm, kicking the other person and falling down again on the ground, not the mattress, jailing his little brother in his arms. Porsche was still shaking, his eyes red, his nerves were breaking.

Kinn looked at him. He didn’t feel anything, he had stumbled a small amount from the surprise but not enough to make him fall. He was uncomfortable with this traumatised part of the world. He didn’t know what to do, what to say, how to react. He was fierce. Kinn could guess even if he had a fragile body now, his behaviour would be a menace. He heard Porchay trying to talk and he just walked away. He would be safe, for sure Porchay would be in security with his protective brother back.

"Hia…Hiaaaa…Hia! He's a friend…a friend…Hia…" The more he talked, the more Porchay felt the hug losing its strength. "Hia, you're in security…you are…" He added, slowly embracing him in his own arms and cradling him again. It worked. It might work again. Porsche was breathing loudly, trying to recover from his panic, his lungs hurt and his emotions were sobbing.

Porchay began to cry himself, he didn’t know if it was because he was relieved to have found him or if he was devastated witnessing his state. It still felt unreal, for him, to think that all of those years he had suffered alone, in all weathers, in all states, hunger strangling him and the violence eating his soul, but he finally walked back home, his only home whatever the place would always be where Porsche was, now Kim too.

With his reaction to Kinn, Porchay had no idea how he would react to Kim being his lover, approaching him, kissing him, or being close. He would think about this later, now he needed to focus on the trembling man in his arms which had begun to calm down.

"Chay…let me see…" Porsche said, pulling away from the hug and cupping his baby's cheeks who wasn’t a baby anymore but he could still see the roundness on his face, he didn’t lose it. He stared in his eyes and those eyelashes were still long and that chin, Porsche caressed it, and that jaw, it was like an adult face, it had been worked on by all of the fight or run to not die situation he had been through. Porsche's eyes had an unspeakable expression. It was too deep to be described and yet it felt as if the void still didn’t leave him alone. His hair was the same, he caressed it carefully and was reminded of the time Porsche would tell him a story while doing the same gesture.

His body was the one of a man, not a boy, a man and it broke something in Porsche. He had missed those years of evolution, he had missed him growing up. He felt that he had failed him.

"You grew up…so prettily…" Porsche smiled tenderly putting their forehead together.

"Because I never lost the hope to find you Hia…"

"How could you?"

"My friends…they could ask a favour to the kingdom and they asked to free you."