Roots

(Hi ✨️💗 hope that you are doing good ✨️ have a great time, love you 💗)

“Hia…Hia…”

“Yes, Chay…” A familiar voice came into his ears, his vision blurry. A familiar hand was caressing his bangs.

“Why…why is…no one saving us?”

“What do you mean Chay?” The voice began to pierce through the atmosphere, as if it would disappear soon and end like an echo in the boy’s heart.

“In stories…in what you read to me…people are saved right? People like us are becoming rich…or they are helped…or they…find ways…they are heroes sometimes too…we aren’t bad…Hia…so…why is no one saving us…helping us?”

The boy felt a kiss on his forehead, a little too cold to be one, but his heart was recognizing it as if those lips could reach him and comfort his mind. “This is why stories exist…Chay, to make us believe, still, even if it’s hard…we might be saved but…it’s safer to think that in the end the only solution is to become ourselves heroes…”

“But…” Porchay couldn’t say anything else, his eyes opening suddenly and one of his legs hurting like hell. He bit his lips rapidly, feeling that the coldness of his skin was coming from a cold towel someone put on his face. A whimper came from his mouth, making some people move around, his eyes seeing clearer.

“Chay! Chay, are you here?”

It was Erika. “I…am…” He whispered, sighing loudly.

“Thank you..ohh myyy…thank you…” She said, all of her relief translated in those words.

Porchay moved to sit a little more, his leg hurting but less than when he woke up. Tankhun was above him, sitting on the edge of the sofa and Kinn observing them. “Wha-what…Kim? Where?” He put his hands on his head, losing suddenly the energy he thought he had.

“Porchay…you lost too much blood…we could save you but they took Kim.”

“Too much blood? How…oh…” He realized, looking around as if he knew that he had crossed the safest line.

“What?” Tankhun asked suspicious.

“I might have tried to fight with him…might have worsened the cut…I am sorry.”

“It’s okay we got you now.Thankfully I am pretty skilled in taking care.” Erika laughed, smiling softly.” But what exactly happened?”

“I…Ken! It was Ken…I don’t know, he came suddenly…knocked out P’Kim…stabbed me and I tried to keep him but…he pushed him in the carriage and went away…someone, someone else was guiding it…”

“Ken ! That fucker! I even let him sleep here!” Tankhun stood up, anger growing slowly from his words to his body.

“So it’s father…so they took Kim…at least we know where to find him.”

“We need to go.” Porchay began to move, stopped by Erika’s hand.

“If you move now…your wound will just explode and bleed again.”

“And? I still need to help him.”

“Stop.” Kinn said, sitting on the other side of the sofa. “First, I want to know how your body can gather so many scars?”

“I am the robber. You are the one living well robbing with power, I am the one trying to not die when I do the same just to survive.” Porchay annoyingly said, he was upset to be talking when Kim was outside, alone. He didn’t want to fail him, he couldn’t lose him, he couldn’t again lose another person around.

“And who’s that Hia you talked about in your sleep?” Kinn continued.

Porchay opened his mouth, ready to slap everyone around him. “Why would it matter?” He asked, rolling his eyes. It was enough of a pain to understand that all he lived while being unconscious was his imagination, was nothing more than his heart longing through the hope of finding his brother again.

“Porchay. If we need to work together I want to know. Ken was loyal to me and look what happened. I just like to know where I am putting my feet in.”

“...he is…my brother…older, he disappeared, I am looking for him, can we go find P’Kim now?”

Kinn sighed. “You can’t go like this. Look at you.”

“I went through more than this.”

“But you were alone. You aren’t now.” Erika warmly said, hurting softly the most emotional part of Porchay, but he was stubborn, he needed to just help Kim.

“Or…we can just go…BUT I am only here to keep your health okay, keep an eye on you…” Tankhun stated, trying to find a solution.

“You would go…out of the house?” Kinn asked, surprised, in a good way and a little worried too.

“You think that I will let father do whatever he wants to MY brother? He is wrong…so wrong, I just need to push him down…this time...”

“What can I do?” Erika seriously asked.

“Stay here, keep the house and Star, please.” Tankhun said, looking at the adorable one sitting close to Porchay and staring at him with deep and anxious pupils.

“Porchay, you will go if you listen to us…okay?”

“Okay…”Porchay nodded, caressing Star’s head, hoping to return soon with Kim.

—-

“Yok…” Clea came closer to the woman, her eyes reflecting sadness since the day Kim and Porchay ran, since the day Sophia began to cry more than she thought she would because she loved them so much.

“No news…from anywhere…I can’t find anything…”

“Why…why didn’t they talk to us…why…”

“Clea, I know that you want to just…just help them but you better…stay away…this isn’t just advice but an order…you…wait! Come here!” Yok panicked, pulling the woman under her desk.

“What’s happening?” Clea asked, whispering, alerted by her friend’s behavior.

“I can see some of their men coming. Clea, if something happens you’re the one in charge, don’t change anything, go with the flow like I do, can I count on you?”

“You can…but Phi…why will some-” Clea stopped talking, the door opening and her whole body becoming a rock, her lungs squeezed like a sponge, the fear of having to be taken away from Sophia great enough to make her close her mouth.

“Hi!” Yok said, trying to be as natural as she can. “What can I do for you?”

“Yok…” One man said, looking at her and showing a gun. It was the first time that she saw one this close. It felt awful, it looked horrible. Black and emotionless, like its action. Killing within a second, she didn’t like, like a lot of people, the way this new weapon was making her life more dangerous.One loud bang to end millions of seconds of a lively voice. “We need you to come with us.”

“I will…can I at least know the reason? Like did I do something wrong?” She played innocent.

“Our boss needs to talk to you.”

“I see…then let’s go.” Yok smiled. She was trying to make them think that she wasn’t suspicious of them. That she didn't know that something was going on when she knew exactly that she might not make it, she might not be able to be in the Heavens anymore, taken down by the devil part of her life. Always spying at her, always giving her orders, always, always.

She wondered how she would be able to play pretend for a long time, if her temper wouldn’t just win over this. She couldn’t even think anymore when a loud bang, not the one from the gun, but something similar in the result made her fall on the ground. Her neck was hurting badly, she was losing her consciousness, the ghost entering her vision.