Temptation

Porchay was waiting outside with Tankhun, terrified at the idea that something went wrong. They weren’t that far and gunshots could be heard. He didn’t know who, where and when it happened, against who. He believed Kinn, about sixty percent of him but it was the place of their father, not their own. He was dying to go inside, he needed to just be useful too but the two times he tried to open that door, Tankhun had stopped him immediately, his expression looking scary, Tankhun could be really scary. The boy didn’t want at all to have anything to do with this and he didn’t want to lose Porchay, he appreciated this boy running into danger as if it was just a clear street.

“Phi…can’t we go inside now?”

“For what? Dying?” He scolded Porchay with his eyebrows.

“Please…Phi…don’t you want to know what is happening?”

“I want…but I also don’t want any danger to come across us. If they win but we die, where is the point? They can also take us hostage too…”

“You still…know a lot about that place…”Porchay said, observing the fear appearing on the man’s face.

“I didn’t need to put distance between this and me because I was having a crisis. It is much more dangerous and awful than what you think…”

Fair that Porchay had lived so much adventure that he might not realize how much this one could cost his life, but it could also cost Kim’s and he swore to not abandon him. He had a sudden mischievous expression. He knew what he wanted to try.

“Phi…I really love that you have a big and huge size of coat…” Porchay innocently said, making Tankhun sigh loudly, really loudly. He didn’t know what the boy was trying to do but something fishy was bound to happen and it really happened because it also looked funny to be honest. Porchay got assured that Tankhun was respected enough to go inside and it was enough for the boy to hide under this coat, hugging his Phi tightly, to infiltrate that place without being seen.

“What…happened here…” Tankhun asked Pete who looked like coming back from the underground of that dirty house.

“Oh? Khun! What are you doing here?” I mean you can come whenever you want but the place is kinda…messy for everyone.”

“Why are you not looking in my eyes?” Tankhun asked, his voice unsure.

“Khun…there had been…an accident and…master Korn didn’t make it…” Pete confessed his eyes looking even less at Tankhun.

Porchay could feel Tankhun’s body losing a part of its steadiness and he just calmly opened the coat to help him keep his balance. Pete had a scared movement when he saw Porchay before keeping his calm, coming from this brother everything could happen.

“What happened?” Porchay asked, feeling that his Phi was now totally unable to speak, just looking lost.

“All I know…is that Khun Kinn wanted to save his brother…this is all that Ken could tell me before we put him away.”