[11th Chapter: The Realization Of An Obsession]

[TW!!! VIOLENCE AND BLOOD.]

Surrounding us were trees, tall ones that loomed over our heads. The floor felt squishy, but I can't tell what it was... since it was covered in snow. We stepped closer to the Torii gates, a feeling of nostalgia washing over me. "This brings me back..." Tsukasa- who was still walking, looked behind him and looked at me- with a puzzled look. "How so?" I looked down, letting out a breath, it being shown by the little white cloud. "When I was little, my Grandmama in december... would always take me to the shrine of one of the gods..." a soft smile plastered itself onto my lips.

He smiled brightly at me. He stopped suddenly, letting go of my hand. He soon floated into the air, and went behind me- covering my eyes with his hands. "Hey- what are you-" He went over to my ear and whispered something, his cold breath hitting my neck. "Just- start walking in a straight line... okay?" I stayed silent, feeling nervous. "Trust me." He whispered in a low tone. 

I nodded slowly while I started to walk forward. The cold breeze hit me quite harshly, While I continued onwards. There was only silence... horrible and painful silence. Not even a peep out of Tsukasa, only the echoes of my footsteps against the snow. And what felt like a eons, I smelt- bread? And cakes? And the sounds of running and playful laughter. Tsukasa removed his hands gently, Revealing a small village, Filled with so much liveliness...! I looked around, walking further into the gate. Tsukasa trailing closely behind. 

I spun around, looking at the bustling lights strung up from lamp-post to lamp-post. The air is coated with the scent of freshly baked goods! And treats! The inhabitants were shadowy people... probably the deceased. But from what I can tell, they all seemed to stare at me with welcoming eyes. "Where are we..." I stared in awe at everything. "A boundary!" He exclaimed gleefully. I soon bent down, and cupped a handful of snow, admiring its slight shimmy underneath the sunlight.

Tsukasa- meanwhile, Went over to a stand in the marketplace not far from where I was standing. And bought what looks like a patch of Daifuku sweets! He walked back over to me, and gave me the paper plates of sweets. He soon wandered off again, and came back with mittens and ear-muffs. "You'll need them!" I held them in my free hand, staring down at them. I looked up at him as I asked him to hold the plate, so I could put the stuff on. He obliged and I put on the mittens and Ear-muffs on, I feel much warmer now.

He smiled happily as we continued to walk the streets. It was so lively! Music, dancing, and much more. To think- this is some form of boundary. I continued to sprint to each of the stands, handing over "human possessions" in exchange for goodies! 

I soon arrived at the town centre, and the people wore masks and such, concealing their identities. They were all dancing, while loud instruments burst loudly through the streets. I placed my stuff onto the floor, along with my Katana and school bag. And pulled Tsukasa into the crowds of people.

He stood there awkwardly, as those around me jumped around with joy! "Come on! Dance with me!" I spun around, throwing my arms into the air, as my legs followed the rhythm of the music. "I- don't know how..." I stood in my place, staring at him blankly. I then gave him the biggest smile I could muster up, and I pulled him closer to me. 

"It's simple! Just move your body to the rhythm! And dance to it however you like!" He didn't do anything, and only stood there, fidgeting with his fingers- almost seeming embarrassed in a way...? Before I could speak up, the tempo and vibe of the music changed to a more- calmer- physique than the upbeat one it had on before. I looked at those around us, the shadowy figures pairing up with a partner, and what appears to be... waltzing? I looked at Tsukasa before taking both of his hands and settling them into the proper placement.