[23rd Chapter: As The World Caves In]

On the sidelines. Sakura, and Natsuhiko watched carefully. They could finally drop the goody-goody act in front of You. Considering they aren't particularly around you or Tsukasa. Sakura sat on the windowsill, while Natsuhiko rested his elbow on the railing above the art studio of Shijima. They both felt a hinge of guilt considering the situation their dear friend Y/n were put in.

Sakura watched below, sorrowfully. As her eyes gazed upon the H/c Exorcist, whom she considered a best friend. Natsuhiko didn't really want to leave you here either. During class, he ever so wanted to just write a note explaining the situation. Explain how to get out and everything... but held it all in... Why?

Because you were just so happy... running about with the Runt known as Tsukasa. And both him and Sakura no longer feel the need to hold back on any human activities, Shy away from anything that everyday students would experience. They'd usually just watch from the sidelines, as opposed to participating in activities themselves.

But being forced to keep both of their mouths shut. They'd decided to only watch in pain, as you slowly forget the old world, And enjoy your new life with Tsukasa, and them. "What exactly- is this place? She said it was a fictional world..." Natsuhiko soon broke the unsettling silence between him and Sakura. Sakura looked away from you, and averted their gaze at the brown-haired boy in front of her.

"We are inside No.4's painting. School mystery Shijima Mei." Sakura looks at the girl with glasses, gathering what she knows about this world to properly explain to Natsuhiko. "She can create worlds that reflect people's wishes. Once you're drawn into her world, that's it... Unless you do what she says. You cannot return to the old world." Natsuhiko shudders a bit, a simple 'woah' escaping his lips.

"But, How can she do that?? Telling them how to return to the old world with that happy look on her face. She doesn't really plan on letting them go..." Natsuhiko says, glaring down at Shijima. "Even so... it's not really a problem." Sakura soon hops off the windowsill, and goes beside Natsuhiko to get a better view of the trio.

"She was never that strong or terrible of a spirit in the first place. However... Those two are good kids. I doubt that they'll be able to leave here very easily." Sakura speaks in a low tone. "And... What about Y/n...? I noticed you excluded them in the- "good kids" part..." Natsuhiko glances at Sakura, a sweat going down his cheek.

Sakura chuckles. She rests her head in the palm of her hand. And looks down at you with a soft and gentle look in her eye.

"Knowing them... They'd probably come up with something to break Tsukasa out of their "Perfect Boy" act... and I know for a fact, It's not gonna be handled very lovingly..."

(Y/n's POV.)

I stare in utter disgust. KILL tsukasa? I couldn't really careless about No.7... Mitsuba, I'm indifferent about. But Tsukasa... I just stood there, in complete silence. Trying to process whatever that has been told to me, Yashiro, and Kou.

"We have to...kill them...?" Yashiro says, also a bit shocked. "What does that mean...?" Kou asks. Shijima smiles happily. As she waves her hands in the air. "Just that! I mean just what I said of course! Strangle them... stab them with a knife... beat them with a blunt object.. Push them off a tall building... Any way you like!!" She says in a happy tone, as if she's telling some of the best news.

I looked at the floor, my eyes becoming blurry. Are those... tears...? Kill, the only person to ever treat me like one? Lose the only person I ever truly felt connected to? I no longer can hear whatever is happening around me. Yashiro comforts me by putting her hand on my back. While Kou started to become aggressive towards mei, and started going off on Shijima.