[33rd Chapter: Splinters.]

"A relationship between a supernatural and a human...?" Yuta's voice trailed off as he scratched his chin. . His voice was laced with curiosity and confusion."Well... as problematic as it may seem... it's considered wrong and taboo... but In my personal opinion. I don't care all that much about the romantic aspect of the concept. Yeah it has its cons, but it also has its pros. Who cares if you're dating a dead man or woman! On the flipside it's unlikely for them to cheat on you, or leave you. So that's a bonus I guess... Why do you ask?" He tilted his head to the side.

His arms folded over his chest as he leaned against the wall. The hall was still, and silent as I tried to figure out an answer. "Because... my friend is in a tricky relationship with an apparition..." I lied. He only chuckled in response as he ruffled my hair. "Well then. Good luck to that friend of yours. Dating a supernatural being isn't like your average dating experience. But if you'll excuse me-" He pushed himself off the wall, as he made his way back to the faculty room.

"I have some matters to attend to. I'll see you at home, sis." And there he goes- disappearing back into the room of stressed and sleep deprived teachers. Good to know he kind of doesn't care about such a trivial matter... I guess? But good for me! I looked around me as I noticed the somewhat empty halls, signalling that class would begin soon... So I soon turned around and made my way back to my classroom.

The halls were cold, as mokke and unsuspecting and otherworldly shadows peaked around corners and cracks. The temperature is much warmer than its usual lukewarm feel. I guess summer is fastly approaching... Along with the holiday's.

I kept my footing steady as I passed the windows. The view outside overlooked the school's sportyard and pool, the sun giving the scenery an orangy atmosphere. Certainly a pleasing sight to behold.

As I continued on, I thought about possible ways of relieving my stress. Like a list of things I want/need done before the relaxation of the upcoming holidays... By holiday's.... It's more like more opportunities for gateways and doors for apparitions to slip in and torment the living... Wait- no. How could I forget! ...

The Severance.

An event where the border between the near shore... and far shore is "cut-off"... And me and Yuta's mission here was initially to guarantee the success of the ritual... But now... Yuta and I... Maybe- this thought, and discussion can be held later-

To distract myself... I took out my trusty notepad and pen. With the summer holidays just around the corner, it was time to make a bucket list of things I wanted to accomplish before the break. The first item on my list was to help Detective Hajime with the missing boy's case and the ongoing murders that had been plaguing our town.

As I scribbled down the second item, "Study for midterms," I couldn't help but feel a pang of dread. But hey, education was important, even amidst all the chaos. The third item on my list included some basic life stuff like doing laundry, cleaning my room, and finally finishing that book I had started months ago.

I paused for a moment, contemplating the fifth item when suddenly, Tsukasa's image flashed in my mind. His radiant smile and gentle laughter filled my thoughts. The sixth item on my bucket list - confessing my feelings to Tsukasa. It was time to gather up the courage and take that leap.

Perfect! A Perfect list of things to do before the end of midterms! Soon a smile tugged at the corners of my lips, feeling a bit bubbly as I looked over my notes. My heart fluttering a bit at the idea of a possible confession... Firsts things first- is locating said target! But that can be left for later... right now-

I started to hear the bell ring from the outside. It's obnoxiously loud ringing echoed throughout the entire campus. I soon started to run down the flights of stairs and through the halls, nearly bumping into a familiar brownish-redish haired boy. "My, my... if you wanted to spring into my arms- you could've just said so, My Muse..." He said in a weirdly seductive tone.