Chapter 4

"Piyu…."

"Wake up my sleeping Beauty…"

Piya heard her aunt call her from distance. She slowly opened her eyes to see her aunt hovering over her.

"Morning aunt Nita."

She wished her looking at her confused and streching her hands above her head.

"So… who were you dreaming about?" 

Nita asked her raising her eyebrows and a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"I was not dreaming aunt Nita. Now move or I will be late for work."

"Oh no. You are not leaving until I have all the dirty details. You were smiling in your sleep. Ah young love."

Nita said dreamily pushing Piya back on the sofa where she was sleeping when she tried to move past her.

"Aunt Nita there is no such thing."

"Really? But if I am not wrong a little birdy told me that there is this boy at your cafe, what was his name again?.... Karan….?"

"Then you should stop listening to this birdy of yours because she is wrong. Karan is just a coworker. And…." 

She got up pushing her aunt who was now sitting on the side of the sofa.

"… we have different shifts. We hardly see each other and we don't even talk to each other. So nothing is going on and nothing is going to happen."

She continued while arranging the sofa. It was true that nothing was going to happen from her side but it was also true that Karan was very much interested in not just being her coworker.

She couldn't tell that to her aunt, because knowing her aunt she would definitely love to play cupid. Besides she didn't have time for all the romance and other stupid things which will only waste her time. And she didn't trust Karan or anyone else for that matter.

Nita sighed as Piya went to bathroom. After getting freshened up and greeting her grandmother she went to kitchen. She started with her cooking when Nita came to her.

"You know Piyu I am really disappointed in you. When I was your age I had already broken eighteen hearts."

"I can see you were a player back in your days aunt Nita."

"Oh please it's not called being a player it's talent. Which you definitely failed to inherit from your only aunt."

Nita said dramatically flipping her hair back. Piya laughed at her behavior and continued cooking.

Nita stopped her and held her both hands in her getting serious and looking in her eyes.

"You know I don't have any problem if you want to start dating and thinking about having your family some day."

"You and grandma are my family. I don't want any other family. I am happy to have you both in my life."

"A family which has only become a burden for you. You can let go Piyu. You have done more than enough for us. Sometimes you have to be selfish and think about yourself."

Nita tried to reason with her. Piya was like her daughter to her. She was supposed to care for her and her mother, but Piya had stepped into her shoes and done what she could not even think of doing. She had sacrificed everything for them.

"I am being selfish aunt. I want you and grandma with me forever. I lost my parents I cannot loose you two. And I will do everything to have that."

Nita had tears in her eyes. She pulled Piya in a tight hug and cried. Piya held her smiling and soothing her aunt. Nita pulled back after sometime and wiped her tears.

"So still no for that Karan?"

Piya just shook her head and went back to what she was doing. It was useless even answering her aunt on such things.

She had cooked lunch for her and her aunt. Packed her lunch and quickly made tea for breakfast. They both had breakfast together before she left for work.

While going to work she decided to look for her bag where she has dropped it. It was overused and had nothing important for someone to steal. So she doubted anyone would even want to look at that bag. 

But when she reached the place of the accident there was no evidence of the bag. It didn't even look like any accident took place there accident except for the pole which was bend due to car hit. There were no traces of any car or even broken glass which she remembers was there last night. She even went a little further to check just in case but nothing.

Just her luck.

She decided to go to lawyers office where she worked and try calling on her phone. Hoping she gets atleast her phone back.

She called twice but no one picked. She called again hopefully someone might pick this time. 

She sighed and was about to disconnect when someone received the call on the other end.

"Um… Hello?"

No one replied.

"Hello?" Still nothing from the other side.

"Hello…can you hear me? This is my phone you have with you. So um.. can you please return it back. You don't even have to come to return it, just tell me address and I will pick it up."

She waited to hear any reply from other side but non. She checked again only to see the phone had already been disconnected.

She called again but this time it was turned off.

Just great.

There was no way someone would want her antique phone. The only possibility would be someone dumping it in the dustbin. 

May be it was time to get a new phone. She sighed. She can't afford a new phone right now. 

Ahhhhhh