Chapter 22

Piya decided call Viren and ask him to pick her up. Then she could meet her grandmother and take her aunt too.

He picked her call on the first ring.

"Hey love."

"Hi." She replied shyly touching her pendent in one hand that he had given her earlier.

"Missing me already?" He asked teasingly. She blushed at his statement and ignored his question.

"Are you busy?"

"I can never be busy for you."

"So can you come pick me?" 

"Now?" He inquired. He got worried not knowing what had happened and why she wanted him there when he had just dropped her to the cafe.

"Yes."

"I'll be there in 10."

"No you don't have to rush. You can take your time." She said hurriedly so he would not be worried and drive here in full speed.

"I'm just a few blocks from the cafe so I'll be there in 10 and I promised you to drive carefully remember?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

She quickly changed her clothes and was about to leave the staff room when Karan entered. 

"Congratulations on your promotion Pooja. I am really happy for you."

"Thanks." She muttered and was about to leave when he blocked her way by coming and standing in front of her and gave her a smile. But his smile did nothing but send chills through her bones. 

She took a step back wanting to stay as far as possible from him. He was checking her out. It didn't sit well with her.

"You look beautiful today."

She didn't reply she stood quietly clutching the bag on her shoulder tightly hoping that he would go.

"We should celebrate. What do you say. Let's go for a coffee. Or we can go to the club or something. You can call your friends too."

"No. I don't go to clubs." She tried to get rid of him and get out of there so tried to move from other side but he again came in front of her blocking her way.

"Oh, no problem. I will ask for leave and then we can go for coffee."

Now he was sounding desperate. Why can't he just take no and leave her alone?

"Karan please I told you so many times I'm not interested. Please let me go."

She could feel change in his mood. Just as he was about say something one of the waiter entered and she took the opportunity to flee.

Viren was already there waiting for her. She smiled and ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you." She mummered pressing her face in his neck.

"And I would like to hear that forever."

They both pulled back and smiled at each other. Viren could notice there was something different with her smile. It didn't reach her eyes.

"What happened? Why did you call me? Did you get in trouble because you were late?"

"I'll tell that to you later but first can we pick aunt Nita from hospital and then go home? I'll cook dinner." She smiled again but this time her mood had changed. She looked really happy excited.

So thinking that may be it was just him thinking that she was worried. He let go.

"Okay. Are we celebrating something?" He questioned looking at her excitement.