Chapter 25

"Did you ever meet that person?"

Piya and Viren were infront of the cafe when she asked out of nowhere about the person who was in coma. She knew he was badly hurt in past and it still affected him. She wanted to do something for him. He needed to come out of the past and let go. He needed a closure.

The way he talked about it with so much hatred only ment he was not ready for it, still she couldn't just let him be on his own.

"I can never do that Piya. That man lost eight years of his life because of me. How can I even face him?"

"But you need to atleast apologize to him and his family. Not for him but for you Viren. You are still living in the past. You need a closure. Do it for me. Please?"

He stayed silent for a minute and gave it a thought. It's been fourteen years he was living with something on his conscious all the time. May be it was time to let it go and move ahead.

"If I decide to go, then will you come with me to meet him?"

"Ofcourse. Anytime." She replied without any hesitation and smiled.

He smiled back at her answer and brushed his lips to hers. The kiss was sweet and short.

"I don't have anything important at office today so I'll take you out for lunch."

"You don't have to."

"But I want to."

She was suddenly feeling shy with all he attention he was giving her. He always made her feel loved and precious. Her cheeks were starting to turn red. She gave him a nod.

"Are you sure you will okay?"

Piya looked at him and saw he was looking behind her at the cafe. She realised that he is thinking about Karan and what has happened last night.

She assured him that she was fine and Mike and Simran will be there just in case and he agreed with a heavy heart and left after giving a kiss on her forehead.

When she entered the cafe she noticed Anya Mehta, Mr. Mehta's daughter standing in front of the counter in a waitress uniform throwing daggers at her.

Whenever Anya was here at the cafe she had hardly glanced at Piya so her behaviour today caught her off gaurd.

What was wrong with her? Did I did something to her which I am not aware of? Piya thought to herself.

Without saying a word to Anya she went directly to the staff room and Anya was right behind her.

"That was Viren Oberoi." Once they were inside the staff room Anya pulled Piya's hand to make her took at her.

So Anya saw him from the cafe. But why did she sound so angry. Did they know each other?

"You know him?"

Piya asked not knowing what else to say to her and how to react at for behaviour.

"Are you kidding me? The whole world knows him Pooja. He is The Viren Oberoi, but the question is how do you know him?"

Piya was about to answer when Trisha entered the staff room with a equally pissed of expression.

"Definitely not her boyfriend. Right Pooja? She told me that."

"Ofcourse he is not her boyfriend. What do you take him for. He has some status unlike some of us here."

Anya flipped her hair smirking at Pooja. She ignored her comment and turned to Trisha.

"He is my boyfriend." Trisha's eyes widened and Anya laughed.

"Oh please. Stop being so dilutional. He would never even look at a nobody like you. I can guarantee you he will discard you like a thrash once he has used you enough."

Piya wanted to slap her so badly but she controlled. She was the owner's daughter and Mrs. Mehta would not take that kindly. No matter how of a b***h Anya was she had to tolerate her.

"Think whatever you want to think I don't care. If you will excuse me I need to get to work."

"So the sweet and innocent Pooja that Dad can't stop praising about is not so innocent after all. She turns out to be a golddigger spreading her legs when she sees rich men."

One

two

three

four

five

Piya counted till then to calm her anger. Anya was crossing her limits and it was taking everything in her to not bang her head on nearest wall.

Pooja turned and took her uniform, went in the changing room leaving them both there without saying a word. When she returns after changing they are still there waiting for her. She ignored them and went to her locker.

"Well since you are our best employee and work for our cafe I would like to give you some advice. Stay away from him or it won't end up well."

Anya moved to the locker next to Piya's and leaned against it looked at her.

"I mean we cannot afford to have our best employee's video surfing on every customer's phone that visits M&A."

That caught Piya's attention. What video was she talking about. Before she could say anything she heard Trisha ask.

"What video?"

"Pooja didn't tell you? I'll show you. Look." She gave Pooja amused look and took her phone out of her pocket. Trisha rushed to her as she played the video.

There was silence at first then she heard some grunts and moans. Her heart contracted at a particular voice. As the video went on and on. She could feel a bile rise her upto her mouth.

'ummmm……more…..harder…yes! yes!'

'f*ck'

And there it confirmed her suspicious. It was his voice. The voice that brought comfort to her. The voice that made her feel safe. Tears flew from her eyes. She wanted to puke. He can't do that to her. She loved him. Oh my God. She had fallen in love with him. Please God please let this not be true.

"WOW!!! That's him. Damn he f**ks like a p**n star. I would definitely like to be in her place right now. But who is she."

"Myra Merchant. A super model and his on and off girlfriend."

"Ohhh she is damn sexy. Where did you get that?"

"On the internet. But don't bother. It's already taken down. You want to see it Pooja? Oh how silly of me you must have your own personal copy of the video. Come on Trisha let's go it's so hot in here I am already sweating."

She left Trisha trailing behind her. Piya legs could hold anymore. She placed her hands on the locker for support. Was it real. No it can't be. His proposal, his kisses, his hugs, his worries, tells something different to her.

What if it was all a lie. It was too much happiness and calm in her life. Ofcourse everything was a lie. How could a person like Viren even want her. He can have anyone he wants so why her. But why would he lie to her? Why would he say that he likes her. He even told her about his past.

Myra Merchant. His friend…. understanding. She recalled his words. She very well knew what type of understanding he was talking about. But it was all in past. He said it was in the past.

No she can't judge him until she hears from him. She needs to hear it from him. She gathered all the courage she could have and wiped her tears and took a few calming breaths. She will get all the answers from him during lunch.