Chapter 19

Viren was sleeping peacefully dreaming about Piya, when he heard a knock on the door. He groaned and pulled the pillow over his head to avoid it. It was Sunday. He was meeting Piya in noon and he didn't have anything else to do.

There was another knock this time a little louder. Again he ignored it. But this time the door opened and Rajan entered.

"Good morning Sir Viren."

Why does he even knock when he was going to get in anyway.

"Sir Viren." Rajan opend the curtains and called him again.

"Get out Rajan and let me sleep."

"But you have a guest Sir Viren." He explained.

Viren looked at Rajan lifting his pillow just a little to block the sunlight.

"Who?"

"Your Sister Sir Viren."

"I don't have a sister Sir Rajan." He replied mocking Rajan and covering his face. He knew very well which sister Rajan was talking about. He wanted to stay away from that person knowing well that it would only lead to arguments and even a fight. And today was not the day he wanted to any of that.

"And whis is the time anyway." He pulled his covers to check his phone it was 10:15 am.

"Well your stepsister."

What is she doing here, there were few missed calls, even his father had called him. Strange. There were even messages but he scrolled through them and ignored them all. But there was one message that caught his eyes.

He sat straight and read it.

"S**t! S**t s**t s**t."

He jumped out of the bed stumbling on his way to bathroom.

"Rajan get me something to wear. Quick." He yelled from bathroom.

Viren took a quick bath and wore jeans and t-shirt along with jacket that Rajan had picked for him and ran downstairs taking his keys and wearing shoes.

"Couldn't you wake me up a little early Rajan I am so late now." He blamed Rajan for no reason.

"But you never told me you had any appointments today Sir Viren."

Rajan explained running behind him.

"Good morning brother." Neha his step sister greeted him blocking him on his way out.

Neha was his father's second wife's daughter. They didn't have any kind of relationship neither blood nor otherwise. She was seven years older than him and twice divorced finally settling with her mother in his father's house.

"You have entered the wrong house Ms. Gupta, Rajan will kindly show you out." He gave a sarcastic reply while pushing her out of his way.

"Oh no. I am at the right place and at the right time. Father is going to be here in few minutes and I didn't want to miss the show so I came little early." She gave him a bright smile.

What is she saying? Why would his father come here? He was not in the mood to spoil his mood so he ignored her comment.

"If I was not getting late I would have taken the pleasure to personally throw you out. Rajan please show Ms. Gupta her way out." He said and left.

On his way to Piya's place he called to tell her he will be there in ten minutes. He didn't want her feel that he had ditched her. He drove to her place as fast as he could.

*******

Piya has been waiting for Viren for almost an hour now. She got  ready way ahead of time. She was nervous. She had never done this before. Forget about dating she never even tried making friends.

Her aunt had made her wear the dress she had brought her for her birthday. It was a cute red short dress reaching her mind thigh.

She wore little makeup and straighten her hair a little. Her aunt had helped her get ready.

What is she going to say to him when he comes here. Will he like the dress, her hair? Her make up?  All types of thoughts were running wild in her mind. To say she was nervous would be an understatement.

"Did you take all your riffles and ammunitions?" She heard her aunt say out of nowhere?

What? She gave her a confused look.

"Oh come on Piyu. Relax. You are not going on a war. You will be fine trust me. Just remember all the instructions I gave you." Nita gave her a mischievous smile.

Yeah right her instructions. Batting lashes. Giggling every time he comments on something. Playing with her hair while taking. God, who does that? She will look like a fool.

There was a knock on the door. Her heart started beating rapidly. Her aunt rushed to open the door giggling like a school girl. She followed her.

There he stood in all his glory looking handsome like always and that smile that never missed to bring butterflies in her stomach.

"For the beautiful lady." He said giving her aunt a bookey of red roses.

Piya came and stood beside her.

"And this is for you." He gave her one rose and kissed her cheek. Piya blushed.

"Thank you, but don't you think its supposed to be the other way round Mr. Lover boy. Bookey of roses for her and one rose for me?" Nita asked looking at Viren amused.

"Nope. It's one special rose for my special one." he replied with a smile.

"Deep very deep and I don't think my heart can handle more than this so you can just take her and leave."

"Yes ma'am" Viren held out his hand for Piya.

Nita took the rose out of Piya's hand.

"I will take care of your special rose for you."  She said teasing them both.

Piya blushed and placed her hand in his he kissed the back of her hand pulled her with him.

Just as they were about to get in the car Nita called.

"Oh and Piyu there is no curfew so you can be as late as you want." She winked at her and closed the door.

Piya gasped at her aunt. Viren chuckled.

"I like her." He said while helping her get in the car.

********************************