Chapter 16

Viren was in a meeting. His marketing head was giving the presentation but his mind was somewhere else.

As promised he had picked Pooja and after breakfast he had taken her to her house and then dropped to her work place.

Yesterday was the first time she had showed him that she trusted him. First by showing her place and then meeting her aunt. But there were other secrets she was hiding from him.

She was not ready to reveal those yet so he could wait. But her fears scare him. He wants to protect her but he cannot do it until he knows what it is.

And then that name Piyu. Her aunt called her Piyu and it cannot be short for Pooja. Or may be it is.

Piyu.

It suits her more than Pooja. It's more like her.

"I'm sorry Sir but there is no Piyu here."

Someone said and that brought him back. Did he say it out loud.
Everyone's attention was on him.

F**k

"Please continue." He said without further explanation and they continued the presentation.
The meeting went on for two more hours.

It was 2:10 pm when his phone beeped with a message. He smiled he knew who it was. He clicked it and sure it was from Pooja. It was a picture of lunch box and a small note he had written in the morning.

He had instructed Rajan to prepare another lunch box along with his and send it to M&A cafe. He had also written a note for her to enjoy her lunch.

'Finish it.'

He instantly got a reply with a cute smilee face.

'Yes boss ☺️'

He laughed seeing her reply.

********

Viren was in his cabin working when his office door opened. He was busy in his work so didn't bother to look up and thought it was Jenny who came.

"Knock…Ms. Jenny…" Before he could complete his sentence he was interrupted.

"Not Jenny baby your future wife." Myra said while sitting in front of his chair.

"What are you doing here Myra?"

"Well, I'm here to see you. But what are you doing here?" Myra asked looking around. He raised an eyebrow at her question.

"You even missed Daniel's birthday party yesterday. Which is a not even legal because he throws the best parties in the world. I was looking for you there and to my surprise you didn't even show up. You missed one of the best parties of the year and it's so not like you."

He had not even realised that he had missed some party. Yes Daniel the famous movie star throws good parties but he was not interested in that anymore.

He had his fun now it was time for him to get serious about his life. He would rather prefer spending time with some girl, he was getting to know instead of getting high on alcohol and drugs.

"You didn't answer my question Myra."

"I told you I was looking for you and I could not find you anywhere else and your guards would not let me enter your house so I came here. And trust me this is the last place I thought you would be at."

"Why are you here?" He repeated slowly emphasising on each word.

"Our marriage? Arrangement? Pending discussion? Ring a bell?"

"What more you want to discuss. I gave you my answer and it's not going to change."

Myra was about to say something when he stopped her.