Chapter 20

Viren had planned to take her out of the city since she had enough time before her work.

Piya wanted to tell him about her life and her past. She was contemplating on how to start.

Once they were at their destination they had brunch and spend their time strolling around holding hands, kissing, lots of teasing. They were lost in each other and Piya didn't want this to end. She was being greedy and trying to avoid telling him.

Because after knowing the truth if Viren decided to leave her heart will no be able to bear it.

They were sitting silently on the bench looking at the greenery around them. She was leaning her head against his chest and he was playing with her hair holding her other hand.

Viren took a deep breath looked down at her and got up. She was looking at him confused. He raised his hand for her to hold. She held it getting up still puzzled. 

"Are we leaving?"

"No, but there is something I have to do before we leave."

He said scratching his neck and giving her a nervous look.

He pulled a small rectangular box from his pocket and got down on one knee.

Piyu gasped. He gave her a sheepish smile and opened the box. It had a beautiful chain with a 'V' pendent decorated in diamonds. 

Her eyes filled with tears. Before Viren could open his mouth she stopped him.

"Viren before you say anything I want you to know something about me and my past." 

He shook his head.

"I don't care about your past Piya. I care about you, your present and your future and may be with me along your side. So before you tell me anything I want you to know that my feelings for you won't change. So please stop interrupting me and let me concentrate. I am nervous as it is."

He cleared his throat and continued.

"When we first met I was drunk and almost ran over you. I said few things to you which I am not proud of. I should never have said those things. So can you please forgive me for my stupidity?" He waited for her and she gave him a nod although she had already forgiven for him when he apologized to her last time.

He sighed happily and continued.

"Piya… I like you... a lot." He paused for a moment then continued.

"I don't think I will be able to explain what I fell for you right now and what you mean to me. So Piyali…… will you be my girlfriend?" 

He asked hopefully. Tears started flowing through her eyes. She blinked them away and smiled.  

"I thought I already was after that kiss last night." She teased sounding offended.

He gave her a nervous laugh.

"Oh you are. This is just the official proposal I skipped somewhere before the kiss." He waited

"So?" He asked again.

"YES!" 

He got up and hugged her lifting her in the process in spinning around laughing.

He put her down and captured her lips without waiting. She immediately gave in kissing him back. This kiss was so much different then their first kiss. This kiss felt like it had some kind of bond. He was poring everything he felt in this kiss.

Suddenly he pulled back and looked at her with a smile. Her heart skipped a beat. She blushed.

"Let me help you with this."

He took out the chain from the box and put the box back in his pocket. Piya turned her back to him lifting her hair sideways for him to put the chain around her neck.

"I wonder what that 'V' stands for?" She asked mischievously as he was putting the chain.

He chuckled.

"Guess you will never know then." He kissed her neck and turned her to face him.

He tucked her hair behind her ear. 

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks." She replied shyly.

"As much as I want to keep you for myself I'm afraid if I don't take you back now you'll be late for work."

At the mention of work she instantly looked at time on his wrist watch. It was 1:30pm how did the time run so fast.

It felt like they were just here minutes ago. It was the first time after so long she had forgotten about everything and enjoyed herself and she gave him a hug thanking for today.

On their way back they had fun too. Teasing each other stealing kisses.

And as they had feared she was 20 minutes late. She prayed that Mrs. Mehta does notice her. And to her luck there was no Mrs. Mehta today waiting for her.

********************************