Chapter 14

Piya had a long and exhausting day yesterday. Her grandmother got a sever heart attack making her health worse.

They had to rush her to the hospital. Her treatment had started immediately but she was not out of danger. The doctors were not ready to tell anything.

She was scared to loose her grandmother. She has already lost so much.

Please God not her Grandma.

She and her aunt Nita had not left hospital even for a second.

Today her aunt had forced her to leave and go to work. She wanted to stay with her grandmother but her aunt wouldn't allow it.

It was her weekly off today at the cafe but since she took a day off yesterday she decided to work today instead.

After her first job she went to cafe. She changed into her uniform. She was not in the mood to work at all.

Simran came after her and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"How is your grandma. Hope she is doing better."

She asked with concern.

"Yeah hopefully she will get better soon." Piya choked on her words. Tears threatening to leave.

Simran gave her a warm hug rubbing her back and soothing her.

"She will get better. Don't worry okay. She is strong woman just like her granddaughter" She said wiping the tears that had left Piya's eyes.

"Now bring that pretty smile of yours back because your Prince Charming is here." Simran was grinning at her.

Viren was here?

She thought and felt few butterflies in her stomach.

"Prince Charming?"

She asked turning towards her locker and placing her clothes neatly in it.

"Karan just got back from his home town." She said getting excited.

"Oh" she was disappointed to not hear the name she wanted to.

She knew he liked her and even asked her out on many occasions. And clearly she declined him. But he was not giving up. She always felt uncomfortable with him. Not like how Viren made her feel. Safe and comfortable. Even when he was holding her hand or touching her. She liked it.

Every one knew that Karan liked her and that made her even more uncomfortable and awkward. So she decided to just ignore him.

"Yes, oh and he has some goodies for everyone. I am sure you might get something more special." Simran teased her.

Piya was about tell her that she didn't want anything special from him he entered with a box in his hand.

"There he is. We were just talking about you." Simran said giving Piya a mischievous smile.

"Really??? Hope something good." He gave a sheepish smile and came towards Piya.

"This is for you. They are special sweets from my home. I brought specially for you."

He extended his hand that was holding the box towards Piya but she didn't take it. She looked down fidgeting with her fingers.

"You don't have to bring me anything."

"Ofcourse he has to. Colleagues are like your second family. Right Karan?" Jia said entering the staff room and taking the box from his hands.

"Besan laddu? They're my favourite. Thanks Karan."